[34] Falling For Boys

L O V I N G
L A K Y N

"YOU OPEN IT!" I shouted at Eden as I threw the large white envelope at Eden.

Eden sighed, catching it as she rolled her eyes, "You open it!" she shouted back, "You would've gotten in, Lila. You're like unbelievably smart." she reassured me, "That brain inside of your head is big as hell."

I rolled my eyes, "White envelopes are for rejection letters. Yellow ones are for acceptance letters." I stated as fear flooded through my veins, "That is a white envelope, Eden. My life is officially ruined. Please, just open it." I pinched the bridge of my nose, sighing as I paced the length of my room.

Today is the day of this Ridgewood party of which Blaire invited us to, claiming that it will be fun and apparently, she is friends with the hostess of this event. Which I find bizarre considering I am her only friend, as far as I know. The party started an hour ago and Eden and I have just finished getting ready whilst listening to music and talking.

I wanted to wear this designer dress I am yet to wear out, but when Eden reminded me that this is not a Dayton Lakes party, I decided to go for something slightly more casual, which still was not because I am Lila and I own nothing near close to casual, except for my sleeping clothes of course.

So, I decided on a plain white silk dress (that was not as busy as the previously chosen one) with a low neck and a tight fit. Whilst Eden thought everything neatly hung in my closet was pretty, she claimed that she would never be caught dead in a single thing, though that statement deemed to be false as I forced her into a coordinating set, consisting of a silk top—which was more of a bra—that had a plunging neckline and a little black silk skirt.

I was envious that she could wear that set, I was never able to fit into it and my bust is far too big to ever come close to fitting into it. But it looked splendid on her and it really showed off her thin physique which was beautiful.

I liked my choice of attire as we were both in silk and wearing completely opposite colors. Black versus white. Black accentuated her bronzed complexion and her defined mid-drift. I think the color did not represent her well, though. Eden should be in white, she is angelic and sweet, considerate, and kind-hearted. I am sure that white would look just as lovely on her too.

Eden refused to wear heels, though. I had absolutely no say in that matter as she slipped her Converse back onto her feet, talking about the fact that she needs to be ready to run if the police arrive and simply not wanting her feet to fall off.

I am immune to the uncomfortableness that heels bring, so I—per usual—wore a pair. They were new to my collection and my favorite heels that I own to date. They were designed by Sophia Webster and were sleek and white, though on the back of the heel were two three-dimensional butterfly wings that were sky-blue, a band extending out of the butterfly to wrap around my ankle. It added a nice touch to what was once a plain outfit.

For the hair and make-up portion, I kept it simple, doing nothing but a small amount of mascara and lip balm on the both of us and I kept my hair pin-straight like always, but for Eden, I decided to give her a neat and slicked back ponytail to show off her high cheekbones and jawline.

The process of getting ready took longer than expected, but we were in no rush considering the party had only begun an hour ago at this point and we wanted to arrive fashionably late. All we were waiting on now, was for the boys to get here, considering they are going to drive us there to save gas and having to bring more than one car.

Ten minutes ago, Elaine bought up the envelope from Yale and I have been freaking out ever since. Thank god that my father is not here otherwise he would be watching over me until I open it and read out loud what it says.