{12}

During the course of the weekend that passed, Charlie and Finneas repeated what they started on that Friday on multiple occasions. Finn had also decided to come out to his mom for real this time and to the entire world along with it.

He set an alarm extremely early on Monday the 9th of April. He knew what was approaching, but he was in no way ready to face everything at the same time, so he decided to take things one step at a time.

"Honey, you're awake already," pointed out Finn's mom from behind the newspaper. "Did I wake you up?"

"Oh no, you didn't wake me up. I just have to talk to you about something, if that's alright..."

"Yeah, go ahead. I mean, I can make you a cup of coffee, if you want. But if you don't, then that's fine."

"I'm not in the mood for coffee today, thanks," politely declined Finn but sat down on the other side of the table that used to have four members but now only had two sitting at it.

With his father gone and his sister off to college in Europe, Finn and his mom were all alone. Not that he minded it that much...

"What do you want to talk to me about?" asked Finn's mom, confusion building upon her face.

You found out by yourself in another reality, but I'm here to tell you in this reality, was what he had wanted to say, but it would just make the situation a few times worse.

There was a silence as he reconsidered whether he should actually do it or not. He didn't feel like it could result in anything bad, he knew that it couldn't result in anything bad, but he still didn't exactly have the nerves to do it. But it was his choice to do it this time, and he decided to actually do it.

"I'm gay, mom," he finally managed to say. He decided that he wouldn't cry, as he wasn't the type of person. He didn't want his mom to start seeing him in a different way and crying in front of her certainly wouldn't help at all.

"Oh." was all she said.

And that's when Finn realized that things couldn't always be the same in every single reality. Things would change due to the actions that were made, and those changes influenced a few things.

Finn just prayed that it wouldn't be his mom's point of view on the queer community.

"You don't need to say anything," he quickly said as he stood up from the chair. "It's fine, I'm really not expecting an answer..."

He walked back into his bedroom and locked the door behind him.

Shit, I messed up. I messed up really bad... he said to himself. But there's nothing that I can do...

He looked at the clock above his desk and realized that it was time to go to school. He put on some clothes and hurried back downstairs. Finn threw a glance at his mom who was still sitting where he left her, in shock.

And without saying anything, he left.