{13}

Finn didn't speak to his mom at all for the next few days. On Thursday the 12th, he sat in the school's cafeteria, eating his lunch with his friends.

He looked around and saw the faces of those that he loved. Because even though he hated Brett in some other place and time, he loved him there and then. It wasn't the same type of love he once felt, but it was love.

"I came out to my mom," Finneas said out of the blue. He knew that there was no other way to break it to them, so he just said it.

"Oh my god, how'd it go?" asked Audrey, her voice full of excitement, as if she knew exactly what my mom said.

"What happened?" asked Charlie, his voice the complete opposite of Audrey's. He sounded worried and sad, almost as if he knew what Finn was going to say too.

Brett didn't say anything, but his face showed that he was all ears about the subject.

"She hasn't said anything all week. I mean, I didn't try to talk to her at all, but I came out to her on Monday morning and we haven't talked since," explained Finn, making some assumptions appear true and other false.

"Oh my god, Finn," said Brett, going all out on the shriek. Finn wasn't sure whether everything in his voice was genuine or it was all faked. "Are you okay?"

"It's fine and I'm fine. She'll come around sooner or later. She just needs to realize that all assumptions that she has made in the past were wrong. She'll think about all the times a boy has slept over and think whether I slept with them and then she'll finally be back to being my real mom."

Finn's explanation made everyone a bit calmer and he even got a few chuckles from Audrey when he talked about the sleepovers.

"I'm so proud of you," ended up saying Audrey running around the table and giving him a hug. He returned the hug and smiled.

A boy came by, and something came from his mouth that sounded awfully much as a homophobic slur. Charlie jumped up, but Finn stopped him.

"Yeah, I'm gay. Do you have a problem with that?"

The boy stood there, dumbfounded. Finn thought that he would drop his plate and start shaking right there and then.

Audrey ended up laughing and shooed him away. "Guys, I have a special announcement to make. I am getting a buzz cut next weekend."

"Oh my god, are you for real?" asked Charlie, and started laughing. He had obviously thought that the girl was joking.

"Yeah, I am for real. Why would I be joking about that?"

"Don't bother with him, Aud. You'll look great in that," he reassured her, and to Audrey, it seemed as if he knew what she would look like with it.

She had no idea just how right she was at that moment...