Darkness.

"Y/N?" Your mom's voice caught your attention and you looked at her. You'd just returned from school and you were extremely tired. "Hey mom. Can I get a lemonade?" You asked sweetly but she kept glaring at you. "What is it?" You frowned and she sighed.

"Jessie's mom called. She said that you and Jessie were planning on a movie together?" She asked and you shrugged. "Yeah?" You said as a question. "And why did I not know about this?" She asked, he eyes suddenly filled with rage. "Well we weren't really sure about it. The semester is coming up so we were wondering if-"
"You were never going to tell me, were you"
"-we could delay the program" you completed in a small voice but were taken aback at your mother's intution.

"Of course I was!" You said and she snickered. "No you weren't" she replied and you shook your head. "Mom why won't I tell you? What's the big deal about a movie anyway?" You softly said, grabbing a bottle of water and not realizing the amount of anger your mother had suppressed for no reason at all.

"It's been four years, Y/N" she said and you looked up. "Four years since I've asked you to stay away from Jessie. But did you listen to me? No! You will just believe that you're the most intelligent! The perfect person whose born with a mind which knows exactly what to do!" She kept speaking and you tried your best to ignore. "That girl is one of those idiots whose ruining you, Y/N. That girl is no good to you. Stay away from her"

"She's a good friend, mom. That's it. Why not make friends? She's literally called a typical nerd at school. I know she isn't that good at studies and stuff but-" "EXACTLY! That's the whole point! She is of no good to you. She's just sucking all your goodies out of you. You'll be left with nothing. NOTHING!" She raised her voice and you winced.

"Mom can you please stop?" " Moreover that girl. Those girls, All your friends! Even Tyla." She spat and your heart felt a pang. "THEY'RE NO GOOD. At the end they will never be with you. They'll be nothing to you. Just wait and watch. GOD KNOWS WHAT ELSE YOU ARE HIDING FROM ME. GOD KNOWS HOW ELSE YOU'RE BEING SLY WITH ME AT THE MOMENT AND I HAVE NO-"

"STOP!" You shouted, turning around and facing her. "DON'T YOU TAKE HER NAME. YOU DON'T DESERVE TO TALK ABOUT ANY OF MY FRIENDS. THEY'RE NOT WHAT YOU SAY!" You scowled. "She's the only person who knows me well. She's my childhood friend, Mom. HOW CAN YOU EVEN SAY THAT?" Your eyes threatened to moisten. "People change. The six year old her is not the sixteen year old her. People change a lot." Her voice calm but sarcastic. "Just the way my own daughter changed. Just like that. My Y/N is not my Y/N anymore"

"You know what?" You went to her, standing right in front of her. "Maybe I am. Maybe I am not the Y/N you knew anymore. Maybe it is for a reason. Ever wondered about the reason?" You asked with a small frown and her nose flared. "Ever guessed? That the reason behind me being this way may be because of you?" You bitterly voiced in a low tone, making your mother's eyes widen. There it was. A tight slap on your cheek.

"Mom?" Your voice broke, and she screeched. "How dare you say that. All these years I give you everything you want, AND HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT" She shouted on your face and a tear escaped from your eye, making it's way to your cheek.

"Since I was young" you started speaking in a very normal voice, the tears constantly falling. "I always respected your wishes. If you said that I should wear that dress, I would. If you said that I should say hello to someone, then that person wouldn't be a stranger anymore. Even if you said that the left was right and the right was left," your soft voice glided before your eyes met hers. "It was" you smiled.

"My every step, my every word. Everything I did or tried. Everything was decided by you. And now I wonder why I am so bad at deciding things" you chuckled, looking away. "Really, mom. I can't even decide what to eat when we're out on a dinner." You bit your lip. "But did I ever say no?" You asked answering yourself. "I was happy with it. I was okay. Because all I had been taught since I was born, was listening to what you say and vow to never go against you."

"You may say that you never said it in words. But your actions clearly showed how much you hated when I disobeyed you, mom." You stated. "When I was thirteen. Remember we were in Paris? We were on a trip. Remember how you saw my texts and you got angry why my friend was sending me pictures with curse words" your head hung low. "That day you asked me to break my friendship with her."

"That was the first time I disobeyed you. The first time." You said, your voice straining to speak. "We fought so much. So much that I was tired. I had asked you what you wanted me to do and you said that you didn't want me to keep relations with that girl." You spoke softly. "Guess what?" You whispered, ironically smiling with heavy tears in your eyes rolling down every second. "One month later, she didn't even remember my favorite colour." You snickered.

"I stopped talking to her. Just because you wanted. And as natural as it is, she forgot me too." You shrugged. "When I turned 15" you started again. "You didn't allow me to go to parties. That was fine too. You transferred me to another school. That was okay too" You hid your disappointed every time, but today you let it full on display.
"On my sixteenth year" you started again. "You were sick of Taru as well. The only person left as my emotional connection. The only person who was so precious to me after my own parents."

"And here we are, Mrs.L/N" you said, throwing your arms and walking backwards. "She doesn't come home anymore. She stopped calling you her second mom. You know why?" You narrowed your eyes. "You. You were the reason. You DID ALL OF THIS! and now you want me to be like you too? Why can't I be like others? Why can't I... get to live like everyone my age? All I am asking is for some friends that can help me be normal. Can't I get that too?" You asked and she kept listening with her lips parting in vague.

"It's not my mistake you couldn't control your husband, Mrs. L/N." You said with a heavy voice, a lump forming in your throat. "It's not my mistake that you fought with him so much that you both were on THE VERGE OF DIVORCE, JUST BECAUSE YOU COULDN'T MAKE HIM YOUR PUPPET. Just because he wanted to control you and you wanted to control him." You said and her legs weakened. "Not my mistake at all." You smiled sarcastically, sadness still evident in your voice.

"Stop trying to control everyone." Your tears slowly travelling down your skin. "Stop that. It isn't healthy. For nobody." You said and her breaths quivered out of anger. "Not even for my brother. He doesn't live here and you don't know how glad I am" you exclaimed and then chuckled, the dry tears not bothering you anymore.
"I pass my school this year, mom." You stated as a matter of fact. "And I am leaving. I'm leaving the house, even if I have to pay to stay at a stranger's house." You clearly voiced. "And I hope you know. This time, Y/F/N is not going to stay even if you say that you won't give her money to survive. Because you know what? That girl, your daughter," 

"She doesn't care anymore. She's too broken to do that."