Part 90 Again

"Bloody muggles." - An old wizard hooked a lantern, glaring to the outside through his window. He grabbed shears and slowly tumbled to the outside of his house. His back strained, cracking as he bent down to his knees, now in his yard.

Some muggle children ran around the neighbourhood and it annoyed the old crank. He spat, sneering.

A huge sound of a roaring blast suddenly thundered behind him, paralyzing the old man in shock. He slowly turned only to reveal blazing flames evolve, absorbing the whole of his house.

The shears slipped from his trembling fingertips as he looked up at the sky - the dark mark glinting over the people below.

The muggle children screamed, their feet bolting to their houses, heavy breath underneath their noses.

[Meanwhile at the order HQ]

"Goddamn it! He's done it again!" - James Potter threw a newspaper down on a table

Sirius took it, his eyes tracing between the written lines "You know who slaughters a muggle town, one wizard dead" - he lowered the paper "Third one in two days." - he glared over to Remus "He's been fooling us. Leaving wrong traces so the order protects the wrong people."

"Yes" - Lupin nodded "It appears he sends his followers as a distraction to other towns"

"Why?" - James asked, worried

"Maybe he's searching for something" - Sirius replied

"But for what?"

[Meanwhile the dark lord...]

Has been glaring down to another town, sneering.

There was nothing human inside his mind - only to murder until he feels better.

But he cannot remember the place he's been to before.

How dare she - he thought. Aching. And without ever feeling this hurt he only wanted one thing - to get the satisfying taste of revenge.

[While, you...]

Had visited the most recent village Riddle had attacked, hoping of somehow being able to find clues and trace him down - your mark being useless at it.

But there was nothing but piles of ash escalating with the wind. The houses had lost their charm alongside the lives within. The doors were loose, windows shattered, wooden houses were burnt and the brick ones exploded.

Not a sound in this place now.

You set off a human missile, well done.

But what was he going to do next. There seemed to be a random pattern behind his attacks yet all in a similar area--

Wait.

Maybe he's looking for something within the range of his attacks. And what was within the range made your heart drop in your chest - your parents.

You weren't going to let that happen.

[However, Voldemort...]

Has already traced his eyes upon the such familiar edges of the houses. The streets that were no longer covered in snow. Last time he was here was a very long time ago when he let himself spend christmas with someone else's family.

He had a choice. To infiltrate loudly or silently.

But there was no use of him doing it now - he wanted to lure her. To watch.

With the wand tightly in his hand, his face stiffened, summoning a heavy amount of ghostly mist so noone below could spot him.

[As soon as you arrive to the town...]

You are greeted by the ominous mist absorbing the village.

You carefully trekked down the streets, glaring from one house down to another. Your eyes squinted - everything seemed quiet. Too quiet for this place.

One loud scream of a woman screeched behind you. Peeking over your shoulder, you couldn't see a thing.

With your heart racing in your chest, you followed where the sound was coming from. Maybe someone needs help.
It led to an alleyway where another one occured. Listening intensely, you followed only to get greeted by absolutely nothing. A cornor.

Your back sweaty, you turned to find your way back - only to spot a figure stand in front - utterly black, just barely any amount of mist spitting him out.

"R-riddle?" - you called out, but as you approached - he disappeared somewhere within the grey smoke.

You shook your head. Something wasn't right here. Choosing to ignore it, you trekked over to only one house you cared about the most - the one of your parents.

[Within that so desired house...]

Your mother was heating a kettle, calling out to her husband who had been sleeping above "Dinner!"

But there was no answer.

Thinking he was just asleep, she walked over to the second floor - where she screams.

[Just outside...]

Your heart beating like crazy, you twisted the door knob, revealing the house to have been already unlocked.

You walked in through the entrance, seeing noone. Not a soul inside this house. Not a sound either.

After inspecting the lower floor you headed for the upstairs, your wand ready for usage inside your sweaty grasp.

And a piercing pain dug through your heart - your father, dead in the bedroom. A cold corpse.

Doing your best not to collapse, you rushed over to your dad, you lost him again.

A tear rolled down the cheek, splashing onto his icy cheek. His eyes were wide when suddenly - they deformed. His lip, chin, even arms and legs shapeshifted until the man below you turned into a stranger.

"Looking for someone." - a cold, familiar tone reached out behind

You turned to reveal the sight of soft curls fall in front of the man's eyebrows. His glare cruel as always, firm, motionless posture with his hands behind his back.

Riddle.

"W-who..." - trembling, still down on your knees, you gestured over the strange man

"A random muggle. Won't be missed."

"Where are..."

"Somewhere else. Alive. For now."

"Why would you keep them alive?"

His head tilted "Again with the annoying nonesense. They'll die if I'll wish so."

But he wants to hurt me

"Where. Are. They." - you balanced yourself, feeling a rush of furious heat travel through you, making you mad.

"I suggest you watch--"

"No." - you cut him off  "You'll try to kill them either way."

"Yes." - he bluntly stated "They'll die"

"I know what you want. And I will not watch you do it"

"Oh?" - he coldly smirked "They won't die before you see them and I assure you cannot save them. So you will have no choice but to watch."

"Well then..." - you replied, turning the tip of the wand to your throat, shooting him a dauntless sneer "I'll die first."