06

Betrayal

Readers point of view

The spirit had calmed everyone down. However it had only been for a short period of time at least. Now we're stuck. Ava had promised we would deliver a gift to her grandson but these dummy's still demand us to help them with their human clothes.
"Alright you guys. I'm gonna go change then I have to go do something quickly. In the mean time you guys please try to figure out how to put on your clothes." Ava said with a sigh as she closed her door.

"Hm..."
Leif had a puzzled look on his face as he stared down Ava's door.
"What're you thinking?" I questioned him.
"Can I see how she does it?" Leif asked.
"Excuse me? No. It's rude to watch people change in our world." I gave him a short but sweet explanation.
"Then how are we supposed to figure it out!?" Leif groaned.
"I guess this way be a simple stretch but can't you do it the same way you did on your world?" I asked confused that none of them had thought of this before.
"I'm not sure...but I swear I will figure out these human clothes. Even if it kills me!" Noi complained trying to fix his messed up shirt.
"Heh well I can help with one part of that plan." Leif smiled as he quickly pulled out his daggers.
"Absolutely not. No killing each other." I said annoyed as I went in between the two and helped Noi fix his shirt.

Eventually Ava had come back out of her room, gift in hand, and ready to go.
"Alright here's what's gonna happen. I'm going out to deliver this gift, and Rhys is coming with me." Ava had said which shocked the other four.
"R-Really?" Rhys asked a look of accomplishment plastered on his face.
"Not fair."
"I agree with Pierce!"
Pierce and Noi had complained.
"It is fair as he was the only one to properly get his clothes on." Ava explained.
"Hmph."
"All of you stop acting like children, and you don't order my men around." Asch complained.
"You all wanna learn about Earth. We're not gonna fight it anymore, we've learnt the hard way that does nothing for us. You just have to trust us and go along with what we say. Besides while Ava is gone I'll be here. Worst comes to worst i can try helping you the best i can." I explained to him to which he scoffed but he didn't fully disagree with me so in some sense he may agree with me a little. Even if he doesn't want to admit it.

"She's right. One thing before I leave though...Rhys uh your horns..." Ava spoke up looking at Rhys.
"What about them?" Rhys asked. 
"Human's don't have horns. You'll have to wear a hat or something to hide them." Ava explained.
"We wore out horns before though?" Rhys questioned confused why he had to hide them now.
"Before they worked semi well with your outfits. With your human clothes though they don't match. It really stands out, if people saw them they may do something bad. Like send you away or something." Ava explained.
"We can all hide our horns with magic." Asch had sighed at their little back and fourth.
"Wait you guys can?" I asked curious as to why they'd have to hide them before.
"Yes. We used to hide them during our hunting trips. If we hadn't it would make hunting down-"
"Our food! It would make hunting down our food difficult. They would glow under certain circumstances." Leif had cut Asch off as he stammered while he spoke.
"What're you- OW!!" Noi had tried asking a question but Pierce had hit his head. Making him stop.

Why are they acting so weird? Like they're trying to hide something from us.

"Well whatever. As long as your able to hide your horns Rhys then we should be good to go. We'll be back in a little bit alright?" Ava reminded them as her and Rhys left.

As Ava had left with Rhys I was left with the other four.
"You guys try putting on your clothes by yourselves. It should be the same way you put on your other clothes, but if you need me knock on my door." I explained leaving all four of them in the living room trying to figure out their new clothes.
Once I got into my room I laid flat on my bed.
The only thing in here was Johnny our adorable kitty and my doubtful thoughts.