Unconscious Traitor

[M/N][L/N] P.O.V

Immediately, Asta got hit by Finrals brother's attacks. It took away parts of his body. I quickly brought up many walls made out of vines to protect Asta and Mimosa. Mimosa healed Asta as I kept up the walls while we advanced. Mimosa yelled at me to leave the walls up and go after the other two which I hesitantly did. They both got taken care of easily with my vines since they didn't see me coming.

Both of them got knocked out after being swung around a few times. My vines made them bound to the ground so they wouldn't be getting back up. Leaving those two, I returned back over to Asta's side and heard Asta yelling for Zora to cover him. It was insane seeing Zora use his body as trap magic. It was such a dangerous risk yet he gladly did it. I wonder what struggles he had gone through.

Running over, I healed Zora with Mimosa despite him telling us not to. Keeping my silence, I watched as Asta entered his demon form again and defeated. I noticed Finrals brother's attacks weren't going after Asta but the crystal so I stood in front of it as a shield surrounded us. Those attacks took chunks out of the shield but the crystal survived. The vines fell as we saw Asta slice our opponent and the crystal together. The impact of Asta's swords shattered our crystal too.

"Both teams crystals were destroyed at the same time! The match is a draw!"

Hearing the news, I ran over to Asta with my vines boosting me as I caught him when he was about to fall over. A few seconds later a lot of people surrounded us as I hugged and supported Asta's body. I helped carry him over to the infirmary as I heard light curses that we didn't win. We watched Yuno's match and I saw Asta breaking down on the bed as I healed him.

"Asta, it's alright you did great."

I brought his upper body towards me as I hugged it. His eyes watched Yuno's match despite him hiding in the crook of my neck. I felt a few wet tears as I combed a hand through his hair. He nuzzled into my neck to hide ther tears. Everyone in the room seemed to be concentrating on Yuno's match so I was able to comfort him as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Asta..you used all your energy to save Finral. You're amazing. It's alright if you didn't get to fight Yuno. Maybe you will another time."

"Thank you (M/N), I needed that"

After that, Asta passed out. I left the room and went to find Zora. I caught up to him as he was leaving. I grabbed him but he was angry. He pulled away from my grasp and stared me in the eyes. I gulped but took a step foward. I want to help him. He had a wild look in his eyes but deep down he looked sad. I grabbed his robes so he would have to look at me.

"I'm sorry for what you've been through. I'm making s-stew tommorow for you so please come. I want to know more about you. You don't have to tell me everything but I just want to be there for you...Sorry I'm rambling"

"You think I'll accept your invitation? You idiot"

"It's al-"

"Where and when?"

"B-before lunchtime and at that spot I gave you food before"

"Fine...you idiotic ghost"

"Bye bye Zora!" I said excitedly with a big smile as I let go of his robe. Zora simply scoffed as he removed his robes. He ruffled my hair as I pouted. He started walking away as I started walking inside. I spotted Julius walking outside, he addressed Zora. He thanked Zora for pointing out the flaws in a lot of Magic Knights and those that wanted to be a true Magic Knight would take it seriously. Zora was likely to pass because they needed his Trap magic and wisdom.

Julius talked about Zora's father which gave me a picture of how great his father was. He was the reason the star point system existed. Zora called himself a half assed excuse for a super mage. Julius and I watched as he left. Julius turned to me with a surprised look. He didn't know I was there. He simply smiled at me and told me to keep quiet about the information by putting a finger to his lips I agreed before telling him my thoughts.