27. olympus has fallen

G A Y L E

MOUNT OLYMPUS HAS BEEN COMPROMISED." As the first thing I hear when I open my eyes, Ariel's voice is hard like metal.

I sink deeper into the comfortable mattress that I'm in, exhaling in relief at having escaped the evil clutches of my doppelgänger.

Glancing around, I come to the conclusion that I'm in some luxurious bedroom.

There are gold rimmed tapestries plastered on the black marble walls.

I trace the walls with my eyes, the black marble has subtle white streaks along it everywhere and a large teardrop chandelier hangs in the very centre of the room.

There is a tall ivory statue in one of the corners, next to a round wooden table with a few books and a whiskey decanter with two short glasses on top of it.

The statue looks almost angelic in ivory.

If I squint my eyes hard enough, it almost looks like Apollo, with his hands held out regally and head held high. There are two white ivory wings sprawled out on his back, the ends of the wings rimmed with gold.

On the side Ariel and Apollo are both stood next to a window, a big mahogany wardrobe on their side.

I'm sleeping in white Egyptian cotton sheets and a slippery gold silk duvet cover rains soft kisses against my skin.

Apollo's head turns to me and I instinctively close my eyes, pretending to be fast asleep.

I turn away from them now to really sell it.

"What did you just say to me?" Apollo whispers harshly and I can imagine a deep frown decorating his perfect lips.

"You heard me." Ariel counters, voice just as hard. "They've been compromised. Ares, Hera all of them. Zeus and Kronos returned yesterday and sealed the gates shut."

There's a tense silence for a moment, as Apollo processes her words.

Ariel sighs tiredly before continuing. "Zeus, Kronos and all the titans stormed Mount Olympus yesterday and imprisoned all of the gods. Eris and I were headed there when Ares communicated with me through our mind link, warning us away. That was when we set off to find you guys."

"What is he saying now? Are they okay? What do Zeus and Kronos want?" Apollo quizzes her, stern voice dripping with concern.

"The mind link has be cut off. They must be imprisoned in the dungeons. You know those walls are made out of deicidium."

"Damn it all to hell!" Apollo curses, groaning. "So, now what? Should we go to Mount Olympus?" He asks her.

I can imagine Ariel shaking her head, rubbing her fingers over her eyes languidly.

"Apollo, do you know where Eris and I have been these past few months?" She asks him, her tone drawling on monotonously.

She sounds exhausted. "We've been searching for Aphrodite."