Chapter 47

As March was slowly coming to an end, so did the snowy days of Hogwarts, melting them away as spring neared.

But on the 27th, Jenna woke up to the smell of freshly baked cake and burning candles.

To the sound of Lily, Alice, and Marlene singing Happy Birthday, Jenna finally opened her eyes, a smile quickly forming on her face.

"Happy birthday, Jen!" the three girls cried out cheerfully as Lily held the cake in her hands.

"Oh, my..." Jenna chuckled, sitting up and leaning against the head board. "Thank you so mu—"

"Oh, just shut up and blow out the candles! I want cake!" Marlene cut her off impatiently.

"Marlene!" Lily and Alice said warningly.

"What?" she shrugged. "I'm just saying there's time for the thank you stuff after we've cut the cake."

Lily shook her head and Jenna laughed. But Alice turned to her, saying brightly, "Well, make a wish, Jen!"

"Alright," Jenna giggled, closing her eyes, and making a wish before blowing out the candles.

"What did you wish for?" Lily asked happily.

"Oh, she can't say, Lil!" Alice shook her head seriously. "Otherwise it won't come true."

"Well, that explains why my brother hasn't been adopted by another family yet," Marlene rolled her eyes and Jenna snorted.

"When is he coming to Hogwarts, anyway?" Lily asked.

"When we're in seventh year," Marlene answered. "He's nine now, that little vermin."

"Why do you hate him that much?" said Lily disapprovingly, slicing up the cake.

"It's not that I hate him," she sighed in frustration. "It's just that I'd been living a happy life for nine years before him! Everyone loved me! And he suddenly comes along and now everyone's like, Marlene who?"

While Lily was cutting the cake much to Marlene's excitement, Jenna looked at her nightstand to see a tea-tray with four cups on it.

"Where did you get all this?" Jenna asked. "The kitchen?"

"No, the bathroom," said Lily sarcastically, rolling her eyes.

"What's gotten into you lately, Evans?" Marlene grinned knowingly at her. "Taken a page from the James Potter handbook, have you?"

"Oh, shut up," Lily said sternly, but couldn't hide her small smile as she passed around the plates.

"Do you want to open up the presents now?" Alice asked, pointing at the boxes down Jenna's bed, which she hadn't noticed until it was pointed out.

"Ooh, yeah!" said Jenna brightly, picking up the first one, which turned out to be a book from Lily.

She also got a box of Marlene's favorite sweets from her, which Marlene started to eat them herself after Jenna had opened it.

But when she unwrapped Alice's box, a soft smile crept to her face as she saw a beautiful flower laying in the small box.

"What's this, Al?" Jenna asked, taking out the pretty white flower out and observing it.

"That's a daisy!" Alice said brightly. "I put a charm on it so it would never die. I thought it would look great on your blue hair. Don't you think?"

"Sure," Jenna giggled.

"Do you want me to put it on for you?" Alice suggested, her kind eyes glimmering in excitement.

"Er... yeah, of course," Jenna nodded unsurely, handing the flower to Alice who went forward and placed it behind her ear.

"You look pretty," said Alice dreamily, before leaning in and placing a kiss on her cheek.

"Thanks, Al," Jenna smiled.

"This one's from you parents, I think," said Lily, holding up an envelope and handing it to Jenna.

On the Envelope, there was a neat handwritten letter which Jenna immediately recognized as her mother's and so read on,

Dear Jenna,

Happy sixteenth birthday. I wish you were here to celebrate it with us, but wherever you are, I hope that you're having fun and enjoying yourself among friends.

There's a surprise awaiting you in the envelope, (and no matter what your father tells you, remember that it was my idea first). I'm sure your three lovely friends will enjoy it just as much.

Love,
Mum

And then there was another messy handwriting at the bottom of the letter that Jenna knew belonged to her father, which read,

P.S: she's lying. It was my idea. Happy Birthday.

      Curious as to what was inside, Jenna quickly opened up the envelope and her eyes widened as she saw four tickets inside.

     "Merlin's beard..." she said in a hollow voice, looking down at them.

     "What?" Marlene questioned, taking the four tickets from her, and her eyes widened even more. "MERLIN'S BEARD!"

     "What is it?" Lily and Alice asked at the same time as Marlene jumped up and down on the bed, screaming happily,

     "FOUR TICKETS TO THE QUIDDITCH WORLD FREAKING CUP!"