{14}

"Finn, I need to talk to you," said Brett a day later.

Finneas smiled and agreed to talk to him. "Do you want to come over?" he asked.

"Yeah, sure."

Finn sat in Brett's car. Brett took off and minutes later they arrived into Finneas' driveway. 

He unlocked the door and walked inside. His boyfriend followed him and they immediately went to Finn's bedroom.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" asked Finn, a shy smile on his face.

"I didn't know whether to tell you this or not, but I decided to tell you. You're going to hate me because of this."

"What?" asked Finn. He didn't understand. Brett was supposed to cheat on him on the evening of Friday the 13th of April 2019. And it wasn't evening yet and Brett had something to tell him.

"I cheated on you, Finneas Davis."

Brett's admission of guilt made it all so much more complicated.

Finn had a year to keep Brett from cheating and he couldn't even do it. Yes, he was often absent and it took him a while to forgive Brett, but something was definitely off.

"You what?! What... Why would you do that, Brett?" spat Finn, anger that was building up in him ever since Brett admitted starting to go out. 

"You've just been so absent since the beginning of the year, and I needed..."

"So it's my fault?" asked Finn accusingly. He couldn't believe his eyes and ears. "You're saying that you cheated and you're blaming me for it?"

"That's not what I'm doing. I just wanted to explain myself..."

"There's no explanation for what you did, Brett. You freaking cheated on me." Again, he wanted to say but didn't say it. "Can you please get the hell out of my house?"

"No, please don't do this..."

"Please don't do what? Tell you to leave my house after you cheated on me? Just leave, Brett. I don't want to see you right now, let alone have you in my room."

"I'm sorry, Finn. I wasn't thinking and I'm regretting it. I could've not said anything, but I thought that if I said it we could move on from it. Together." Brett just tried everything to make his situation seem better than it was, but it wasn't exactly working.

"Just leave."

Brett seemed to listen to Finneas' instructions, so he just left the bedroom and the house along with it without saying goodbye.

This isn't right. It isn't right... It can't be right. He told me that he cheated on me on Friday the 13th...

And then something hit him. He wanted to puke more than anything at that precise moment. His theory was nasty, but he couldn't put it beyond Brett.

That son of a... Brett cheated on me a few times before the 13th and just told me on that day.

He pulled out his phone and dialed one of the most recent numbers on his call list.

"Charlie, can you please come here?" asked Finn, his voice crushed and pleading.