powers .40

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily.

CALEB VELLA

"Come on," I say to Evan. "Just try it."

He walks towards me on the grass, his hands entwined on top of his head. "Caleb, I have no physical strength. This is embarrassing." He rolls his eyes.

"I don't care what you say," I tell him as I look up to him from the ground. "Let's just try it, I know you can."

His blue eyes flick between mine for a few moments and I can tell that he was debating his options in his head. "Okay fine but you don't get to laugh at me," he grumbles as he sinks down to the floor in front of me.

"When would I ever laugh at you?" I question as I flash a grin towards him.

His eyes shoot me daggers for a moment. "So tell me what we're doing," he says as he rubs his eyes.

"Well you need to gain some core strength, that's where your physicality should lie. So let's practice planking." My hands instantly press to the floor and dig the tip of my shoe into the ground, my stomach muscles contracting.

Evan watches me before trying to recreate what I am doing. Our eyes meet as he comes down to my level, his face is scrunched up and I couldn't help but think that he looked constipated but I didn't tell him that, he was too cute. "Fuck," he breathes out. "This hurts."

"It's meant to," I breathe out. "Exercise isn't meant to be easy."

"Why can't we do yoga or something?" He groans and I can't help but laugh.

"Right, lets do hand taps."

Evan's face falls at my words. "What?"

A smile creeps up onto my face as I look at him. My hand reaches up and my eyebrows indicate down for him to touch my hand with his.

"Are you kidding?" He says before raising his arm to touch my skin. I notice his elbows are shaking and he was trying hard to make a good impression which I found so fucking adorable.

"A few more," I encourage him.

"Caleb," he whines, his face completely red. "My heart is going to stop."

I have to resist the urge to roll my eyes at him because I knew that wasn't the kind of reaction he needed. "When did you get that Oscar?" I question deeply.

His eyes narrow at me, his face full of confusion. "What?"

"That Oscar for being so damn dramatic," I say before cracking a smile towards him.

Evan stops instantly. "You did not just call me dramatic," he says as his legs buckle and he falls onto his knees.

"You bet I did," I grin up to him as I relax down onto my front.

He pushes himself up from the floor and rubs his palms into his thighs. "You're lucky I love you," he warns me. "Otherwise you wouldn't have got away with that."

I let out a sharp breath through my nose as I move to sit properly in front of him. "Oh really?" I challenge him as my hand raises up to push back a few of his blonde curls.

"Yeah, really," he says harshly as he raises his eyebrows once in my direction. As much as he tried to act tough, I knew he was a little sweet puppy at heart.