𝟬𝟬𝟮 pretty girls don't cry

chapter twopretty girls don't cry

chapter two
pretty girls don't cry

$$

          The silence was something Izzy Windsor had to become accustomed to

          The silence was something Izzy Windsor had to become accustomed to. After her mother was buried in their private family plot, sound seemed to evade her life. Laughter became taboo, and smiling was only acceptable on certain occasions. She and her father stopped talking, too. Not that they really talked before, but after they had to bury the glue holding their family together, the two of them became ghosts desperately trying to avoid each other like strangers in their own home. But he'd practically been neglecting her since she was born anyway, so it wasn't that big of a change.

         And, it wasn't like it was hard to avoid her father like the plague when they lived in a house the size of a hotel. Voices echoed inside, dancing through the many empty hallways and vacant rooms. There were even some parts of her house that she had yet to see the inside of, which was unusual considering she had been living there since she was born. They even had access to a beach of their own which her father bought so it would always be open to them and closed to the public. It was their property and so was almost everything in the Outer Banks. The Windsors practically built that island.

          So, yeah, whatever, avoiding him wasn't so hard. Izzy just kept to her room and when she would hear him coming close, she'd escape to their pool or just hop in her convertible and drive aimlessly across town. But it wasn't like he actually checked up on her anyway. He wasn't even home most of the time. Sometimes the staff would pop in and see if she'd kicked the bucket, but that was it.

          Anyway . . . Izzy stayed locked up in her bedroom most of the time, though. She found the silence was more comforting there among her designer clothes and crystal chandelier. If she was being honest, her room resembled a small apartment. There wasn't a kitchen or anything like that but she had her own bathroom and a walk-in closet the size of a small bedroom. Her closet was adorned with a (smaller) crystal chandelier of its own, accompanied by lavish couches and shelves of shoes, jewelry, and other accessories as well as a few floor-length mirrors and racks filled with all her favorite clothes.