Knight In Shining Armor

I tried to find love
In someone else too many times
But I hope you know I mean it (mean it)
When I tell you you're the one that was on my mind, oh

2015, April 15th

Los Angeles

Noelle

My best friend has gone completely MIA for the past two weeks since One Direction took a break from tour.

Zayn left the band almost a month ago, and I knew this would have affected his mood, everyone's mood for the matter, but I never thought Harry would completely shut me out.

It was a slow process; it started with him texting and calling me less than usual, saying he was fine but that things were obviously complicated now.
Then, one day, he completely disappeared. I know he spent some time in Holmes Chapel because Mae told me he saw him, but from that moment on, I didn't know where he was or how he was.

Until yesterday, when I finally decided to call Anne to know where her son was. She was surprised by my call and said that Harry told her he was keeping in touch with me every day, and that he was in LA now, enjoying some of his free time.

A bunch of bullshit.

After Anne, I called Louis, and he told me the exact same things.

And that's why I'm standing outside LAX, waiting for an Uber to pick me up and take me at Harry's house to give him a piece of my mind.

Saying I'm angry is an understatement, I am furious.
How could he tell everybody that he was keeping in touch with me when for weeks I tried to reach out for him and he never, not a single time, answered?

Even for my birthday he acted in a strange way, sending me a simple "happy birthday", instead of the usual call and texts no stop. I could have seem normal, if Harry didn't love birthdays almost as much as Christmas.

Thinking about it now, I should have seen that something wasn't right, that he, wasn't alright as he claimed.

Did I do something wrong?
Was he angry with me for some reason?

I thought I did everything that could, even if we were distant. Working almost every night and having school every morning, I couldn't do much, but I tried to be there for him via texts and calls. The night he told me Zayn was leaving the band, I stayed ad the phone with him for hours.

Evidently, I didn't do enough.

During the Uber ride to his house, I keep my gaze outside the window, studying the countryside. It wasn't my first time on the west coast, I've already visited Harry here once, but every time I couldn't help but compare this city with New York. Here people aren't always in a hurry, they don't insult you just because you nudged their shoulder while walking down the street. People here are laid back, don't run down the street like they have a torpedo up their asses, they just walk calmly. The Uber's driver even smiled to me.

And it stresses me out.

I love New York because it changes every day, nothing is ever the same, that city really never sleeps. I love the rush of the city, I love the traffic and the surly taxi drivers.

That's because I decided to remain there instead of going back home when my course ends.

Another thing I wanted to discuss with Harry.