*Holy Mother of Gummy Bears*

Charlie's POV

If I am being honest walking into school two days after the club was something I was dreading. Actually just going to school at all. I love school, well I normally do, but today is just not the day for school.

I walked into the old brick building with a frown on my face. The normal chatter of the teenagers bounced off the wall like a ball. I got to my locker thankfully without any of my friends noticing I was here.

Soon all of the chatter stopped and the halls went dead silent. I turned around confused and realized that Jacob, Austin, and the nice girl from the diner walked in. In all honesty they looked like badasses. I wouldn't want to mess with them. As they walked near me the girl and Austin looked my way. Jacob didn't even glance in my general direction.

I turned back around hoping they'd keep walking but with my luck I could feel there stares on my back. I turned around slowly to see Austin and the girl looking at me with a huge smile and Jacob looking annoyed, not even looking at me.

"You're the girl that works at that diner we went to the other day, Charlotte right?" Austin asked with a smile.

"It's Charlie." I said with a soft smile. Austin and the girl put their hands out for me to shake. I did with a small smile.

"I'm Austin and this is Victoria." He said. I smiled at them both and looked over at Jacob to see him still avoiding eye contact with me.

"Charlie get your butt over here! I have a gift for you!" I heard Mikes voice yell from halfway across the hall. I smiled kindly at the Austin and Victoria before pushing past Jacob, purposely bumping shoulders with him, well
more my shoulder to his mid arm, the man is tall. I walked over to my best friends in hopes that they would leave. Sadly the three followed behind me quickly.

"Since your birthday is in a few days I got you something. This isn't your full gift but you will be getting small gifts until that day." Mike says while handing me a big green bag.

"Mikey this isn't small." I said with a laugh.

"Wait when's your birthday?" Victoria asked.

"It is on Saturday. I am actually throwing a party. You guys can come." I said pushing a strand of hair behind my ear.

"We will be there." Austin said with a wink causing me to blush.

I looked down at the bag in my hand and began to open it. What I saw made my eyes widen and my mouth drop.

"Holy mother of gummy bears!" I exclaimed pulling out a giant bag of gummy bears. I saw him smirk at me out of the corner of my eye but all I could focus on is the bag of heaven in front of me.

"Here is a trick for you guys, anyway to Charlie's heart is with food. She will become your little bitch for food." Laura spoke up with a laugh. I rolled my eyes and flipped her off. Any sense of hating today went away completely.

   I basically skipped back over to my locker, not actually, but it's the thought that counts. I shoved the bag of heaven in the small locker before grabbing my books that I needed for my next class.

I turned around to see Jacob with a completely annoyed face. What crawled up his butt and died. Actually I'm more of questioning why he is ignoring me.

   Without saying anything more, I smiled to the group that stood by Mike's locker before I walked to class. I made it to English early like normal and made my way back to my normal seat.

Students piled in after I got there. Just before the bell went off Jacob walked in. If I were being honest with myself I was hoping he was going to skip class. He took his normal seat behind me. I could feel his stare on the back of my head.

~Later in the day~

The day drug on slower than what I had been hoping. When it came to lunch I skipped and just sat outside by a tree. It was peaceful and thankfully no one bothered me. I remember seeing Jacob, Victoria, and Austin sitting at a table under the trees but thankfully they didn't notice me.

I was beyond glad when the final bells of the day had went off. I grabbed all of my stuff and instantly started my walk home. I got about halfway up the street before I saw the familiar black Camaro next to me. I ignored it and kept walking.

"Charlie get in the car." Jacob said. I just kept walking.

"Charlie i'm not in the mood just get in the car." He said sternly. I stopped walking and turned to him.

"Oh so now you want to talk to me? I actually exist now?" I crossed my arms and raised an eyebrow at him.

"Just get in the car dammit." He said clenching his jaw.

"Fuck off Jacob." I said before putting my headphones in and walking further down the street. The whole way home he drove slowly behind me. As soon as I came up to my door he drove off. With a sigh I entered my house and slammed the door behind me. Why does he have to be so damn confusing.

Hey guys!!! Sorry for the short chapter but I hope you all are enjoying the book!