•14•

MIA's POV:

" are you ready to talk? " I ask as I sit next to her on the bed. She stopped crying and now she was sitting there silently.

After a minute she nods.

" my mother she got in trouble with some very bad people, she's currently in Paris but she's leaving to god knows where today "

" what kind of trouble "

" debt, huge debt "

" how huge "

" 2 billion dollars huge "

" woah " I say and look at the floor.

" yeah " she sighs.

" how'd this happen ? "

" my father " she says and I sit quiet. " I mean god, he cant just do that. He got us into trouble and then died and left us to clean up his mess " she spits angrily.

She starts to sob again and I hug her.

" Casey everything's going to be ok, I promise "

" now they took all our money and we're left completely broke " she cries into my shoulder. " I don't know how I'm going to pay for the rest of the school tuition "

" Casey don't worry about that " My father won't mind Casey not paying the rest of her tuition.

" Mia I can't ask that of you and your family "

" don't even start Casey, what are friends for " I tell her and she hugs me tightly.

" what about your house, did they take that from you ? "

" thankfully no, the house is in my aunts name so they couldn't take that from us but everything else is gone. "

" I'll do everything I can to help you and your mom live ok "

" only me " she says quietly.

" what do you mean? " I look at her confused.

" my mom is going into hiding, so they don't try to hurt her "

" you're not going with her ? "

" No, she said I can't. She and my father put me in this mess and they both saved themselves leaving me to nothing " she sobs again, harder this time.

" can I get mad at your mom ? "

" go ahead, you can't be more mad than I am " she says and I internally call her mom a bitch, all looks no brain. What kind of mother just leaves her daughter and saves herself. And to think she was my favorite model.

" Casey you are not going through this alone ok, I'm going to be there every step of the way do you hear me. And forget about your family, I'm your family from now on. " she smiles through her tears.

" what did I ever do to deserve a best friend like you "

" you are one of the kindest people I've ever met, and I've met a lot of people. I want you to remember that any good thing that happens in your life you deserve it, you deserve the world Casey and don't let anyone tell you otherwise "

We both hug for about a minute, until she pulls away.

" ok now that we're done with my drama, let's move on to yours "

" what do you mean "

" I heard Ariel telling a bunch of students that you and Ambrose hooked up last night " my eyes widen, how'd that bitch even know I was with him.