Night and Day

Andy spent the night in Nova's room again, and this night was like many second times. He was more ready. He possessed a better idea of how to please her and what she wanted from him. It lost some first time charm, but not much. For her part, Nova could anticipate Andy's desires. She taught him some desires that he had that he did not know about. To know about them, he would need more experience than he had up to now.

Not all smart men become good lovers. Some stay lost in their head space. Nova made sure that Andy came down from the intellectual heights that are his paper and learn a few things about the carnal world. He would be the better for it, she told herself.

Her post Doc work is a fiction, mostly. Nothing she could not do in her sleep. Andy's Doctoral work is real and a first time thing for him. After breakfast, he left, with a promise to return again later that night. He told Nova as he left "You are making it hard for me to think about my paper. I am zooming along, in the groove, and suddenly all I see is your body on top of mine. Or your mouth on... well... Really throws off the train of thought."

Nova had no use for coy. There is no point to it. "I am glad you think of me, Andy. Try to concentrate, however. Your work is important too. If you get too lost in your thoughts of lust, remember that you'll have the real thing soon enough again: Tonight in fact. So make sure you are ready by having as much of that paper out of your head as you can. When you are working on that paper, work on that paper. When you are with me, be with me."

Andy agreed that is sensible, and the promise that he is getting laid again that night put a bounce in his step as he left the hotel.

Anne and Anita arrived at 11 AM. They knew to give Nova space at the moment. Not disturb her night rituals.

They lunched at the hotel cafe, sipping coffee and talking about things that did not matter, but that are fun to talk about. Anne, feeling fairly comfortable with Nova felt it OK to ask. "Is he good?"

Nova had been daydreaming for a moment, and Anne correctly understood why. Nova was not doing what she told Andy to do. She was thinking about what to show Andy next.

"When you get right down to it Anne, there are only so many ways humans can have intercourse. Technique is all well and good, but what matters, as I am sure you know, is the attitude, and whether it matches yours."

She looked back and forth between Anne and Anita. "Either of you like it rough? Or to be treated like a whore? Called names?"

There were vigorous shakes to the negative from both women. "Me either. So how Andy is good is this: He is gentle and sweet and wants to do well. He takes direction without acting like it is getting up his macho nose. So yes: He is good. He is getting better."

Anita looked a little fierce, her dark eyes blazing "I want one like that. The last one I had was such an asshole. Seems to be all I attract. I really need to hunt to find better."

Nova smiled. "The advantage of not looking like you, Anita."

Anita replied "You know: Looking like this is nothing I did."

Anne reassured her "Cheer up: You get to choose the men now. They have no choice, do they? Change your hunting grounds."

Anita did not look at all cheered "Yeah: For all the good that is. Sooner or later, we move on, don't we? It's easy to leave a jerk. Not so easy to leave a good lover."

That contained far too much truth in it for Nova's taste, and she tied not to think about it.

In the hotel room, they assembled a council of war.

"What did you all think?" Nova asked them as they settled into chairs and onto the made bed. It would still need new sheets again.

Anne and Anita held a silent election, and Anita spoke first "I hate to disturb her. She has been there for centuries. But Anne and I scanned the site, and the paths, and the nearby encampments, and we agree. They are too close. She will inevitably be found."