the one with the other wedding

season finale!

season finale!

"come on out, girls! i'm telling you both look good! tell them they look good, tell them they look good," ross whispered the last part to everyone, slowly backing away from the doorframe. ella and rachel then forced themselves out of rachel's room, both trying on the horrible pink dresses they'd be wearing for barry and mindy's wedding.
the group quickly burst out in laughter, monica and richard being the only two strong enough to hold in their laughter and just stared at them in shock.
"oh my god, you both look so good!" phoebe managed to lie through her giggles, the two giving her and the rest of the group dirty looks.
"i can not believe we have to walk down the aisle in front of 200 people looking like something you drink when you're nauseous," rachel frustratedly pouted, ross wrapping his arms around her waist in an attempt to make her feel better.
"at least you get the one that doesn't leave you completely blind because you're the maid of honor. mine looks like the pepto bismol came right back up," ella added on, waiting for chandler to arrive so they could laugh about the situation together.
"so don't, i don't see why we have to go to this thing anyway, it's your ex-fiance's wedding," ross looked back at a miserable rachel.
"because i promised mindy i would."
"and, i sadly got thrown in the mix by association," ella walked over to the fridge and grabbed herself a soda.
"look you guys, i have to go, i'm the maid of honor. and besides you know what? i just need to be in a room again with these people and feel good about myself. and i'm forcing ella to come with me to make sure that happens," rachel explained, her mumbling the last part.
the door opened to reveal chandler, him immediately seeing rachel and beginning to giggle. his giggles ended quickly once he turned his head to the kitchen and saw ella wearing a dress even more hideous.
"come here," ella whined with her arms out for a hug and chandler immediately ran over.
"what the hell are you wearing?" chandler pulled out of the hug and mindlessly looked ella up and down.
"i have no words to answer that but, since you're my date we'll get you a matching ugly tie," ella joked playing with chandler's work tie, not breaking eye-contact with him.
"aw, i can't wait," chandler slung his arm over her shoulder and led the two to join the rest of the group's conversation, which they'd already missed most of.
"alright, i'll see you guys later," richard excused himself, him and monica standing up and saying their goodbyes.
"i think my boyfriend is ever so dreamy, i wonder what our wedding's gonna be like," phoebe teased monica in a sing-song voice.
"what are you talking about? what wedding?" monica slightly bit her tongue at the mocking blonde.
"come on, like you never talk about that," phoebe called monica out.
"no! never! i mean, we're living in the moment. god, it is so nice for once to not have to get all hung up on 'where is this going?'," monica tried to defend herself.
"afraid to ask him?"
"could not be more terrified."
"well, i think you should seriously consider the marriage thing, give rachel and ella another chance to dress up like princess bubble yums," chandler poked fun, ella playfully rolling her eyes at him.

"hey!" rachel and ella greeted phoebe and chandler, the two waiting for monica and them to finish getting ready.
"i'm sorry we-we don't have your sheep," chandler looked up at the two girls, ella putting her hands on hips and rachel scoffing at his joke.
"oh hurry up," ella blushed at the well-dressed chandler, still trying her best to avoid getting yelled at by monica for being late.
chandler jumped up from his seat and rushed over to give ella a kiss on the cheek, of course not missing the opportunity to make fun of the funky hat she had on by tilting it in her face.
"richard buzzed. he's waiting downstairs," monica let everyone in the bing-green-tribbiani residence know.
"oh, richard's here. i should run down and say bye to him," joey ran past the large group and made his way to the lobby, trying to achieve a kiss from a guy for a role he wanted. everyone then said their goodbyes to phoebe and made their way downstairs.

"why the hell didn't you two tell me!" rachel yelled at ella and ross as she came back from embarrassing herself in front of everyone at the wedding.
"i'm sorry. what was i supposed to do stand up and shout 'hey, rachel, your butt is showing!'?"
"yeah and after helping you escape your wedding, i didn't want to draw too much attention to myself," ella bit her tongue admitting.
"oh, go to chandler," rachel annoyedly shooed her sister away.
"don't have to tell me twice," ella quickly got out of the situation and made her way to the reception.

"would you tell me if my ass was hanging out like that?" ella sat down at the table chandler sat at alone waiting for her, her dress taking up half the table.
"yes, but not before i could laugh about it with joey," chandler charmingly answered placing his hand under his chin.
"do they really have such little guests that couples can just sit alone?" ella furrowed her eyebrows looking at the rest of the empty seats, monica and richard just a table away.
"yeah, what a convenient coincidence..."
"yo! can i have your attention, please, best man, making a toast here. thank you. i remember when barry got home from his first date with rachel–" the man began, but quickly received a harsh reaction.
"jesus, i'm glad i'm not sitting up there," ella whispered, reaching over to hold chandler's hand that laid on the table a few inches away.
the speech continued and after learning that guests had made bets on when rachel would walkout of the wedding, rachel stood up for herself and decided to perform in front of them to prove a point.

about an hour later, the band began playing berlin's 'take my breath away' and ella insisted they go to the dance floor. the two slow danced in silence until chandler spoke in almost a whisper.
"ella, i've been thinking..."
"nothing good ever comes from that," ella nervously giggled, preparing herself for whatever was about to happen.
"i'm surprised i'm the one to say this because i'm usually the one scared to move things forward but, what are we doing here? don't get me wrong, i love what we have. it's just been a year of us fooling around and doing relationshippy things without throwing a title on it. i just want to be able to take you on dates and not have to explain to people that we're not really dating, but we do all the things people that are dating do," chandler opened up as the two continued dancing.
"i feel awful about what i'm about to say but, i don't really know. i actually really like what we have right now. i don't know if you'll understand but i'm still weary about getting into a relationship. i don't want to mess what we have up because i'm not sure what i really want," ella nervously pulled away just a little.
"i don't know if you could tell but, i'm just as clueless. but we can figure it out together," chandler gave her an optimistic yet soft, smile.
"i just don't want to jump into anything without being sure."
"well, thats cool yeah. we'll just keep doing this until one us eventually dies or you meet someone else and i turn into the guy friend you can't be around anymore because there's too much history," chandler disguised his harsh truth as a joke.
"that's not true."
"isn't it though? what other way do you see us turning out?"
"if those are the only two outcomes you see for us because you don't want to wait until i'm ready, then maybe we shouldn't do this anymore," ella finally let out leaving the two in silence.
"yeah, then maybe we shouldn't," chandler softly let out, the two dancing until the end of the song until they went their separate ways.

1413 words
a/n: finally finished rewriting this. this book is completely different so when i finish this book in 10 years, id recommend rereading :|