"Hank."

3rd

Everyone looked around impatiently waiting for Andy to finish the recording his sales, he would have been finished sooner if he didn't try to sing a song every few minutes

_

"He would not shut up!" Max said rubbing her eyes, tired from the long day and drained by the human who was eating at her insides, "he would not stop."

"The stress that he is causing isn't good for the baby," Angela said to the producer.

"Baby?" he asked almost immediately.

_

"Finished," he shouted finally, sighs of relief floated through the office as everyone gathered their personal belongings.

"Finally," Max said looking at her watch, she definitely had time to get something to eat before she got home if she'd left now.

"Thanks a lot, guys," Jim said happily to the office, as much as it pained her to admit, he had an amazing smile, she hoped that parry would inherit it, "great job."

"Later," Kevin said, quickly exiting the office.

"Nice job everyone," he said again, secretly he was hoping max would say something, but she never looked up as she exited the office and got onto the elevator.

"Oh, my God." She said to herself as she looked at the lock on the fence, you know the one that's locking them in, "this can not be happening, this can not be happening," she repeated to herself as footsteps approached her from behind before they stopped suddenly when she'd turned around all of her co-workers shared the same expression.

"Did you not tell the security guard we were working late?" Stanley asked Jim, his voice was calm, but everyone knew that on the inside that man was angry.

Jim had that expression that he wears whenever something stupid happens like he was holding in the air when he answered, "nope, I didn't but let's go inside and I can call them now."

"You can't," Pam said from beside him.

"This can't be happening," Max continued to say.

"I locked the office from the inside when we left." She said, ignoring Max as the rest of her co-workers groaned.

"Perfect, you guys worked together on this one." Stanley said looking at the couple, his deadpan tone caused Max to laugh maniacally, "If I'm not in my bath with a glass of red wine in an hour, you're both dead.

_

"There is a master key and a spare key for the office. Dwight has them both. When I asked, "What if you die, Dwight, how will we get into the office?" He said, "If I'm dead, you guys have been dead for weeks." Pam said before pursing her lips.

_

"I just didn't want to come to work tomorrow," Max said, her eyebrows furrowed, "my ankles are swollen, I'm stuck at work with Jim and Pam, and now it's too late to get food." She told the camera, the more she talked the more she got sad, but the end of the sentence she was sobbing. Her hormones were at an all-time high because of the baby.

_

Everyone sat awkwardly in the lobby of the building where they worked as Pam and Jim argued about the number for the security guard, "you really don't have his number?" Jim asked Pam as if she was pulling a prank on him.

"I told you, I have the number that rings here. Do you want that number?" she asked, they could all the annoyance in her voice; Max never felt more pleased with the chaos in their relationship.

"I might have it," Toby said to them, it was very obvious that he liked Pam and feed off the argument, it was actually kind of gross to everyone especially Max.  

_

"There's something...off about that fella," Max told the camera, the need to vomit growing.

_

"Aw, that's gross Toby," Pam said smiling at him which caused Toby to smile wider.

"It's so random that I have it," he said making small talk, he had yet to give them the number.

"Oh, gosh," Max said to herself, rolling her eyes.

"This is gross," Angela said to her, Max agreed.

"Toby, you are the best!" Pam told him, unaware of the feelings that he was harboring for her, but it wasn't her fault.

He handed the phone to Jim, but his eyes never left Pam's, "when I put it in, I thought it would be a waste of time, but I guess it was worth it."

_

Max just gagged.

_

"Great," he said looking at Toby's phone, Max could tell that he was uncomfortable with the interaction, she could read that man like a grade book. "It's under here as Security Guard home. Did you not get his name?"

"This is a shit show," Max mumbled to Angela, sighing.

"Or..." Jim asked trailing off, "max would you happen to know?" he was desperate at this point.

"Because I'm black?" she retorted, she really liked messing with his head, it's the lease that he deserved from me, but she did know his name. Toby was still trying to keep the conversation with Pam going.

Jim's eyes got wide, "What no—it's ringing. Does anybody have his name? Quick!"

"Yes, it's Eddie," Andy said, absolutely fucking clueless, how does one survive when they are so damn dumb.

"It's not, it's not Eddie," Jim said ignoring dumbass

"Hank, his name is Hank." Creed said absentmindedly and correctly.

"No guys his name's not Hank, it's ah, is it Edgar?"

Max sighed, discreetly rubbing her stomach, "it's Hank."

"Elliot," Phyliss said.

"I tried," Max said to Angela.

"Elliot!" Oscar agreed.

"Is it Elliot?" he asked, his eyes on Max, hoping that she would help but she wasn't looking at the wall in front of her, unbeknownst to him, his child that was inside of her was sucking the life of her, "hey ch... chief, this is Jim Halpert from um... where you work. You're the guy who sits behind the desk... you're, you're the, the Afri... African American guy, I mean you're. Ah... who, who do I got here?" he said awkwardly, causing a laugh to erupt from Max.

_

"His name...is...Hank," Max said in between laugh, "and he called...him Af—"

_

Hank never came.

_

Not gonna lie, this chapter was mad hard to write, yikes...

READ

FOLLOW

COMMENT