Yamato's Ending: The Hunt For A Prized Doe

(Y/n) and Akari wandered among the forest, attempting to find their way to the side road in order to safely navigate back to the city. As they did so, they remained mostly in silence as the blonde listened for any sign of enemies. There didn't seem to be anything in sight, however, so the female decided on closing her eyes to enjoy the feeling of the night's breeze. It was cold, very cold, the winter wind nipping at her skin, but it wasn't cold enough to make her shiver. She could only faintly see her breath as she exhaled. It came out looking like a small puff of a cloud and the sight amused the girl.

She rubbed her hands together to save herself from the freezing cold that numbed her fingertips, finding the warmth comforting. It was nice to have someone watch out for her, especially in a disconcerting place such as a dark forest. Akari seemed to hold an air of frantic concern as he scanned the pitch-black atmosphere for anything of interest. The only noise surrounding them was that of their footsteps in the fallen leaves of the trees and the snaps of twigs they made.

"So, what happens after I get back home?" the girl asked, kicking a rock at her feet, "To you, I mean."

"Nothing much," the blonde said quietly, "Things go back to the way they were and you keep smiling the way you used to."

"Will you be alright though?"

The blonde didn't respond, making a blank expression as he let out a small cough as though he wanted it to be kept a secret. It didn't mean much to the girl so she let it go, allowing Akari to listen to any threats approaching. The surprise on his face when he saw a car sitting on the side road was almost amusing, his head tilting curiously. The girl gave a bashful look and pressed her fingers together, explaining it was her who had contacted the two blunettes in the car.

Akari gave a glare to the two, but handed (Y/n) the gun just in case she had to use it on them. While she assured him they were good friends of hers and good people, he refused to take no for an answer, pleading with her. Eventually, she succumbed and hugged the blonde goodbye as she sat in the car, watching his form leave as the vehicle headed off. Soon enough, he was too far away to see and she turned to greet the two that had come to pick her up.

"Ready to see 'Hashi?" Tadashi said, poking fun at his youngest brother, "He's ready to see you. Been whining about it all day!"

"Stop teasing him behind his back," Yoru chuckled, "It's better to do it when he's right in front of us. You're going to run out of material."

"Boo, you're no fun. Well, at the very least, I'm happy to see you again, (Y/n)! It must have been scary there. I'm sorry, but now you'll be perfectly safe, right? That Otsu kiddo said he guaranteed it, but I'm surprised he's not coming with us."

"Well, Akari and Narahashi aren't exactly the best of friends," the (h/c) haired girl chuckled, thinking back on all the times they were at one another's throats.

Yoru let out a small sigh as if it had been painfully obvious of his youngest brother's feelings towards the blonde. (Y/n) didn't doubt it either. It was unnatural for Narahashi to bear a grudge against someone or attempt to harm them. He was more of a pacifist than anything else. It was no wonder his brothers noticed it. The girl distracted herself from the thoughts of the two brawling by looking out at the forests' trees, passing quickly as the car speeded along the bumpy soil road.

Then suddenly, the car slowed down, the trees' movements becoming steady as the vehicle came to a complete stop. Yoru let out a sharp exhale and mumbled a faint curse as he gazed at what was just in front of the car. (Y/n) snapped her head to the front window to see what was there when her hand tightened on the gun Akari had given her. Yamato stood on the side road, a katana in his hands as the headlights of the car glared at him.