CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Splitsville!

Splitsville!

Trouble in Paradise?

Only two months following the announcement of their engagement, entrepreneurial billionaire, Aiden Carlisle and his fiancée, spokesmodel for Versatility, Caroline Baxter seem to have called it quits.

The couple, pictured above en route to a private dinner date at Chez Rosé, seemed to have a whirlwind romance which blossomed into planning one of the biggest weddings of the century, aided by none other than wedding planners' finest, Rosalie Darling.

The news of the split comes from a trusted source, but neither Caroline nor Aiden have come forward with a confirmation or denial of this.

The news has begun to stir the rumours that have been mere whispers ever since the announcement that there is no relationship as such to even speak of. The couple has never been pictured together in each other's company prior to their engagement. The news of their wedding announcement seemed to be a surprise to many close to them as well.

This begs the question: Were they even together at all?

If not, why were they even getting married?

The office of Aiden Carlisle and Caroline Baxter's publicist have not been available for comment.

I smacked the paper on to the tabletop making Carmelina, who was peacefully dusting the cabinet near me while softly humming to herself, jump.

"Is something wrong, Mr. Carlisle?" she asked, turning to look at me.

"No, Carmelina," I dismissed, burying my head in my hand and rubbing my eyes, "I think I'm done with my breakfast."

I heard her take the few steps to come over to me. "But you have not finished your toast," she told me, "It's not a good breakfast if you don't finish the toast."

I exhaled deeply and looked at her. "I've had enough, Carmelina. Thank you," I said, getting up, "I'll be heading out in a while."

"Will you come for lunch?" she asked, extremely concerned about my eating.

"You make whatever you like for lunch, Carmelina. I don't think I'll be home for lunch," I told her, walking away and up the stairs to my bedroom.

Carmelina was someone I associated very closely. She was always in my house and saw my moods and behaviours. Never in my life had I doubted her loyalty, so I knew that there was no way that she told the press about the breakup, especially since she wasn't even there when it happened.

When my phone rang, I prayed that it wasn't my father, but of course, it was.

"Aiden," he barked down the phone the moment I answered, not even waiting for me to say hello, "What the hell is this?"