chapter-10

"Suck your cheeks in!" Emma scolded when inner cheeks slipped out of my teeth for the third time.

She sighed and stepped back looking at me with hopeless expressions.

"If you dont hold it in for more than two seconds, how am I gonna put the blush on?"

"That's the point,"I grimaced,"You don't have to do all this." I waved my hand at my face while looking in the mirror at my makeup stained face. I felt so caked up with the foundation. Me being clueless about makeup, thought that was it but turns out, that was just the beginning.

I turned my face a little sideways, squinting my eyes at my reflection," why does it look so thick and...cakey?"

She looked offended,"That's the reason I need to put all this stuff on after this cause its incomplete." She looked over at the scattered palettes, highlighter, mascaras, brushes and the stuff I couldn't figure out yet.

I closed my mouth, expecting the inevitable and leaned back again for her to continue.

After about ten more minutes, she bent backward, scanning my face and then gave a satisfying hum. I looked again at the mirror and for a moment my eyes got stuck at my face.

Why does it look like so evened out and not bad!

I looked back at her and found her smirking proudly at my baffled face.

"You see! Looks so natural right?" She beamed and I opened my mouth to answer her but then she started  spraying all over my face due to which I quickly pressed my lips together, tasting acid on them.

Tucking the stray lock of hair behind her ear she approached her tiny closet-the same size as mine- and started shuffling through her dresses.

I gave her a curious look,"What're you doing?"

"Finding a dress for you to wear." Her voice came out muffled as her head was digging inside the closet by now.

I approached her,"And who told you that I'll wear any of your dresses?"

She turned around with her hands on her hips,"And since when do you own party dresses?"

She had a point.

She turned around and started digging again.

"I mean yeah-" I struggled for words," You are right in a sense but," I leaned over her shoulder again, wishing her to stop her spree already,"Would you stop and listen to me for once?" I snapped.

Emma being Emma didn't budge," I'm listening."

"I'm not wearing your dress." I informed.

"You already mentioned that, dummy!"

I narrowed my eyes at her,"Then why don't you stop it."

She turned around with an exasperated look holding a purple dress in her hand,"Stop what?"

"This," I pointed at the dress,"Whatever you are doing."

She gave a long look to the dress and then finally huffed out in surrender and looked me in the eyes,"Alright then, show me what you got."

After fifteen minutes of arguing over the collection of my outfits, she finally let me wear the one which looked less ridiculous in her opinion but still not acceptable.

At least she was letting me wear this.

After putting my outfit on, i looked at it in the mirror. My black pants under plain v-neck white shirt looked okay when I wore a black and maroon printed over shirt on top. Wearing maroon scarf helped to even out the color contrast.