Chapter Fourty-five

Savannah

Two days later. Jack and I haven't talked and he won't answer any of my text, but when I call he answers but says he's "busy."

I get dressed going over to his place after school

I get dressed going over to his place after school. I also made it for basketball, so the day has been good. I go knock on the door revealing Johnson answering.

"Hey! Savannah, what are you doing here? Come in." He says smiling hugging me after closing the door. "Hey Johnson! I Just wanted to come by and see all of you." I say smiling laughing a little.

"Oh Savannah.... You, my friend, are a terrible liar. Good thing I'll let it slide, but Gilinsky isn't here." He says leading me to the living room. Making everyone turn to look at me.

"Savannah!" Stassie screams running to hug me. "Thank god you are here! I needed more girl time!" She says smiling.

"Too bad, Stassie. She came to see Gilinsky." Johnson tells her. "Oh... Gilinsky isn't here." Sammy says. "Told her that." Johnson says.

"Well... he left awhile ago, I doubt he'll take long to come back." Stassie says. "Yeah... I'll Just hang out with you guys." I tell them.

"By that she means just Stassie." Johnson comments making me laugh. "Because you guys only love to play video games." Stassie retorts. "And your hearts." Sammy adds earning a punch and slap to the back of the head from Stassie.

"C'mon lets go to my room." Stassie says dragging me. Once we get in she locks the door and sits in front me.

"What?" I ask after awhile of her Just staring at me. "Spill the tea." She demands. I Laugh.

"There's no tea." I say. "Yes there is or you wouldn't have came and you'd be with Jack." She come backs.

"I don't know it's weird. I was talking to him about football and Grades, he just came at me about not talking about it. That all I care about him is playing football and he doesn't love football." I tell her.

She goes silent after awhile she made a face.
"What?" I ask, "you know something."

She shakes her head. "Stassie."

"I can't tell you. It's not my right, plus Gilinsky will come around." She tells me. "He invited me to a party this weekend." I say. "Are you going?" She asks.

"I don't know yet. I have basketball things that night." I say. "So come after."

"I'll be really tired." I say. "I'm sure Gilinsky will understand." She says. "I hope so if it comes to it."

"Anyways college plans?" She asks. "I applied for 6 colleges so far. Obviously Mavericks, Mizzou in Missouri, UCLA, UA, Florida, and West Virginia." I tell her. "Woah... Savannah all of those are out of state." She stated shocked.

"I didn't really expect Jack and I to be... together. I applied when we weren't together." I say. "How are you Gonna chose if you and Jack are together?" She asks.

"I know Jack will tell me to go to the college I want to go to... and it's not Mavericks." I say kinda bummed that that's not the college I choose.
"But Jacks there." She adds making me nod my head. "What college do you want to go to?" She asks.

"UA, University of Arizona. I know that the coach and assistant coach has been viewing me for basketball." I say.
"So is this more about basketball rather than the university itself?" She asks. I nod my head.

"Okay how about... Tuesday, You come over after school and I'll show you around. I'll take you to the basketball court and everything." She says. I nod my head. About to speak.

"What'd you tell her?!" Jack burst in scaring me. Stassie and Jack argue outside in the hallway for a bit before Jack pulls me into his room.

"Why are you so uneasy?" I ask. "Look.. whatever Stassie tells you... don't listen to her. Okay? I'm your boyfriend." He says panting a little.

"Okayy.... Jack I know your my boyfriend, but are you okay? You've been so distant and weird around me." I say. "Savs.. uh... I'm Just having a weird month." He says weirdly.

"Weird enough you don't have the time for me? Time for talking or even texting me?" I ask.
He closes his eyes sighing.

"No? Because last time you did this You were with someone else. We never talked." I say. It's kinda not the same but kinda the same.
"No nonononono..... Savs Im not, no!" He reacts pulling me into a hug.

"Jack... i-... I need to go home. It's getting late." I say. "Let-"
"I drove myself Jack, I can drive myself. Let me know when you're ready to talk, by the way.... I can't come tomorrow to your party. Or your football little mini tournament." I say at his doorway.

He looks at me like I destroyed his world. Like disappointed, but I'm not the one to fault here. I've been supportive in everything. I am understanding.

I knew damn well I had to go to Jacks tournament because Trey, Derek, Kylie, and Nate wanted me to go.

•••