Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Ruby's POV

I had just exited the last class of the day and decided that I was going to go to the gym. In math today, I had tried to look up new gyms that are local, but there were none. Most of them were at least two hours away. I guess I would just have to find out the times that Ryder never went.

Speaking of Ryder, which I do not want to do but my mind is forcing me too, he hasn't been at class at all today. Everyone was gossiping about us now. Two girls dared to glare at me and whisper how jealous they were because I had been dating Ryder.

Ew. No. I would never date Ryder.

I walked to my locker and stuffed my English textbook in. It was at least ten inches thick.

"Ruby." I heard his voice rumble in my ear.

I turned around to notice that he was a good two inches from my face. "Come with me." he growled.

"No thanks." I spat in his face and he only smirked.

"Too bad." He grabbed my arm and started to pull me through the crowded hallway and towards the back exit.

"What are you doing?" I said, trying desperately to get his grip off of my arm. It was impossible.

He didn't answer and I just gave up. I watched as the girls in the hallway gazed at him like he was chocolate.

I rolled my eyes as he opened the glass door and dragged me out of the school. We were in the back parking lot where the teachers parked their cars. He pulled me towards the middle.

"Have you seen the video?" he asked, staring into my eyes.

"Of course I have, people have been showing me it non-stop. It's annoying."

He scoffed. "Not only that, but humiliating. Do you know what it's like for me to have a video out there of a girl telling me what to do?"

I smiled and pouted my lip. "Aww, poor big boy is scared of a girl?"

His face turned angry and he pushed me back against a wall. His face hovered inches from mine. I could feel his breath on my lips and it smelled like cinnamon. His chest was pressed up against mine and my heart started to beat rapidly. He smirked and leaned closer, if that was even possible.

"Don't mess with me Ruby. You won't like the consequences."

"And what would those be?" I asked breathlessly.

His lips brushed against my ear and I drew in a breath. I could feel him smiling.

"You'll see."

Then he backed away and walked back to a motorcycle parked next to an alley. I stared as he strung his leg over the seat and met my gaze. I looked away.

"You comin'?" he asked.

I looked at the motorcycle and then at him. He was so weird, acting all innocent now like nothing had just happened. I shrugged. "Whatever."

I walked over and ran my fingers over the back of the motorcycle. "An XLCR. Nice."

He looked at me with raised eyebrows. "You know about bikes?"

I shrugged. "I know a little bit." I hopped on the back and tightened my legs at the sides.

Ryder chuckled and grabbed my thighs, pulling me forward and wrapping my legs around his. He took my hands and put them around his waist and said, "Hold on babe."

I rolled my eyes as he zoomed off. My eyes watered, but it was still amazing. My dad had owned many Harley's and late 70's Sportsters, so naturally, I always grew up around them.

My grip on Ryder's waist tightened as he sped up. I could feel his hard abs underneath my hands and wondered what it would be like to run my fingers along them. I instantly blushed at the thought.

"Where do you live?" he said loudly over the wind.

I told him my address and saw him grin widely. "What?" I asked.

He shook his head and turned a corner, I leaned along with him. "Nothing. It's just that I know someone who lives next to you."

"Who?"

He pulled in front of my house and stopped the bike. "Me." and then he hopped off with me following his lead. My mouth hung open in shock to look up at the equally large house next to mine. It looked like the exact same replica, but flipped.

"You?" I watched as he flipped the kickstand on his bike. "You're my neighbor?"

He smirked and looked at me. It made my stomach flutter. What the hell?

"Yep, now we can hang out more," he said and smiled again, walking up the steps to his porch. "You comin'?"

I shook my head and nodded towards my house. "I have to change and go to the gym. You won't be there will you?"

I saw a flash of hurt in his eyes but ignored it. "Maybe."

I groaned and walked into my house, having enough of Ryder for one day. My mom wasn't home yet, surprise surprise, so I went upstairs to get ready.

Right as I was pulling off my jacket, I heard a few knocks on my window. I looked over to see Ryder throwing pebbles at the glass.

"What the hell do you think you're doing? You could break the window!" I said when I slid it open.

"I'm just trying to get your attention, sweetheart." I wanted to throw up. He grinned.

"Why would someone design a house like this?" I mumbled under my breath, but Ryder had overheard.

"What's the matter, babe? Worried about flashing me once in a while?" he winked. I threw a pebble at his face.

"Ouch!" he rubbed his cheek.

I smiled in approval and sat on the window frame. Looking down, I had never noticed that there was a white vine ladder that reached to the bottom. Many plants tangled up around it and stretched out to the sun. I apparently never noticed the wide window across from mine that occupied a horny teenage bad boy.

"Why aren't you out tonight?" I asked him.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean," I said, stretching out my arms, "it's Friday, I thought you'd be out partying right now. Maybe drinking..."

He chuckled and shook his head. "Sorry to burst your bubble, but I'm competing tonight."

I raised my eyebrows. "You compete?"

He nodded. "Yeah, there's one downtown today by the Oaks Bar. You should come."

I thought about it. Maybe watching a fight wouldn't be a waste of a Friday night. "Okay."

He instantly lit up and winked. "I'll see you at seven then, darling." Then he got up from the windowsill and closed it, still smiling and winking at me from the inside of his room.

Whenever I write these, I always wish that my life were like this. Waking up and realizing that there was a hot bad boy neighbor near you. Doesn't sound too bad to me.

Anyways, this chapter was fun writing. I think I'll include some more characters in the next few chapters :)

Well, I hope you're enjoying the book so far!

Have a fantastic day, much love,
-Anne :)