In the End, I Only Want You

After having a talk with Lucious about the letters he never mailed, Cookie felt shaken up. Here she was putting herself first, figuring out who she was and what she wanted only to be told by the man himself, things that she never even believed would be possible. 17 years thinking about how selfish and lowdown Lucious was. Wondering how he could all of a sudden not have a heart. The past couldn't be changed but she felt herself dwelling on the details a bit too much. Why did that mess with her head so bad? A knock at her door pulled her back to reality as she stood up to answer it. "Hey Loretha. What's this news you wanted to tell me?" Candace asked.

"Girl....... I'm getting my own show!" Cookie squealed. Candace's eyes grew big as she hugged her younger sister. "When did this happen? What made this happen?" Cookie grabbed a bottle of champagne and 2 glasses to celebrate. "Bitch don't think I didn't catch that. And I'm Cookie Lyon baby. Who wouldn't bet on me?" She spat. "Well cheers to your own show! But let me get this straight. No sidekicks, no cohosts?" Candace verified. "Noooooo. No comedians. No sad sappy white girls with 3 cats. Just me and America baby. They not ready cause Cookie got her own show now," Cookie tossed out with excitement dripping from her tone.

"So what about this show is going to be different exactly? From Tea Talk?" Candace asked. Cookie rolled her eyes. What about her OWN SHOW was Candace not understanding? "Bitch I did 17 years in prison. I went through the fire. Got therapy, left Lucious's ass. Came out on the other side whole and happy. It's about me. It's about my journey. How I became Cookie Lyon, this beautiful black mogul who came from bottom to the top," Cookie responded. "And you left Lucious huh......yeah sure you did." "Candace!" "Girl you don't have to front with me. It's always the same with you two. Ever since y'all first locked eyes on each other back in Philly," Candace elaborated.

"Look Lucious is my ex okay. Through therapy I've finally learned how to put myself first and that's what I'm doing now. Lucious and I are just friends okay. I can love him without being in love with him," Cookie said defending herself. "If you believe it then ain't no reason to doubt it. I believe you sis. But do you believe what you're saying?" Candace asked. Cookie stared at her sister with her lips pursed. One minute Candace was up her ass about leaving Lucious alone then the next she was back on his bandwagon and reminiscing about the same past she threw up in Cookie's face when she was upset.

"Well thank you for your support and yes I believe myself. Love is about choices and I'm a grown ass woman making grown ass choices for myself. Now let's toast before I choose to beat yo ass." "Let's toast then." Candace rushed out as she stood back up. "Mmhmm come help me pick out my dress for this event. I can't choose between like 10 of them," Cookie casually tossed out. "10! How much time we got before you gotra be there?" Candace complained. "The quicker you help me choose the quicker I can start getting ready," Cookie snapped. "You could at least feed me first," Candace mumbled.

Meanwhile

Lucious sat in his closet, looking at his suit while in deep thought. As of lately he felt the need to open up more to Cookie about where his head was at in the past and where it's at now. Maybe he felt his time running out or maybe he just needed to clear his conscious. Either way he felt that he still hadn't confessed enough. When he called Cookie over to give her the letters he wanted to say so much more and nothing involving Europe with Yana. But seeing her walk in, looking completely refreshed and happy, he didn't want to burden her with his current dilemma. He tugged at the necklace around his neck, Cookie's necklace.

"Lucious I'm thinking this dress what do you think?" Yana voiced, coming around the corner in a robe. Lucious looked up, just staring blankly at Yana. "Ummm yeah. That's.....that's a good one," he stumbled. She raised an eyebrow, knowing he was hiding something. "What's the matter now?" She asked. "Nothing. Just thinking about Dre and......." he trailed off, standing up to start getting dressed. "Are you thinking about not going to Europe to stay with him?" Yana questioned, wanting to really ask was he thinking about Cookie. "No. Whatever he decides....I trust him. I have faith that he'll come home and not put himself in harm's way again," Lu voiced.