The Past Of The Beast

ARIEL'S POV

I opened my eyes as I heard someone calling my name.
I saw Alexander on top of me and then I realised that I was on the forest boundary and laying on the ground.
It was still dark a little but little sun rays had started appearing.

I stood up. And looked at him.
"You were asleep so I carried you till here. But from here you have to go on your own. Can you manage going alone?" He asked.
I nodded at him.
He smiled at me and I felt my heart flutter.
"Okay. Come back here in the afternoon." He said.
"Okay. Bye Xander." I said.
I turned to go but suddenly he pulled me into his chest and hugged me tightly.
I wrapped my arms around him.
He let go of me after a few seconds.
We both took a breath and then looked at each other.
We both wanted to wait I could see it in his eyes. But I had to go home because grannie can wake up any minute.
So I just left. But I could feel his eyes on my back.

I came home and found grandma standing near the door.
My eyes widened but I smiled at her covering my expression.

"Good morning Grannie." I said.
She crossed her arms in front of her chest and with a serious face she asked me,
"Where were you? Its 6 am and you are coming from somewhere now. Tell me where were you Ariel?" She asked me in a strict voice.
"I-I didn't feel good so I just went t-to get some f-fresh air. Really grannie." I lied to her, again.
She looked at me in a way like she was checking any lies in my explanation.
But then she smiled.
"Okay sweetie. You can go for a walk whenever you want. But just stay away from the forest." She said.

I brushed my teeth and had my bath. I got ready before having the delicious breakfast of pancakes witg chocolate syrup.
Grannie was certainly the best cook. Obviously after my mother. My mother was one of the best chefs in our town.
She owned one of the finest restaurants in the town. I miss her and I miss her cooking.

After breakfast I went to a nearby library

After breakfast I went to a nearby library. And I read for hours until I got a call from grannie saying that it was lunchtime.
Then I remembered that Alexander had told me to have lunch with him. So I told grannie that I was doing a diet in which I skipped lunch. I also told her that I will be in the library until 7. And thank god She agreed to me.

After sometime I went to the forest where today I found Alexander already waiting for me.
He looked handsome.

Okay more than handsome

Okay more than handsome. His dress made his muscles look more stronger. I felt like touching his biceps.
Wait! What the fudge am I thinking?
"What are you thinking kitten?" Alexander asked as I blushed at the nickname.
"Nothing. You told me to have lunch with you so I skipped lunch at home. And I am now very hungry." I said.
And just then my stomach growled.
I looked down in embarrassment as he chuckled.
"Okay lets feed you first." He said as he offered me his hand to take.
I took it without any hesitation.
Now I had started feeling more connected to him.
More comfortable.
Maybe because I had seen his beast and I was assured that he would never harm me.
I had started to trust him. I hope he doesn't break it.

We reached the castle as we walked in comfortable silence.

Sometimes he used to glance at me or smile at me.
Always making my stupid heart skip a beat.

In the castle Michael served us lunch. And boy it was amazing. It was so delicious that I don't know how a man could cook so well. And even I and Alexander had talked about each other's lives. Okay only I talked about myself and he watched.

After Lunch Alexander said,
"Ariel I want to tell you something. Can you come with me?"
I smiled and said ofcourse.

He took me out in the garden and it was so beautiful. I had never seen such a big garden ever before.

 I had never seen such a big garden ever before

We went across the garden holding hands.
I felt like a couple enjoying some quality time in the garden.
I blushed at the thought.
Then he said,
"I should probably tell you now." He said as we sat on a bench.

" 2000 years ago I was the king of this town. I was a human. I was a very handsome and powerful king. I had everything, every quality to be perfect. But I had my own ego. An ego of being the most powerful and beautiful person on this Earth. All the women used to beg me to marry them. But I never even glanced at them. Because I never believed in true love. I thought it was only lust which people called love."
"One day when I was visiting a nearby village I saw a very beautiful young girl. Innocent, naive and beautiful. Just like you." I blushed at this.
"But she did not even glance at me. She thought that I was not beautiful enough for her. I was furious. It hurted my ego. I ordered that if she doesn't marry me then I will burn the whole village. She agreed to marry me. But on the day of the wedding she eloped. I got very angry and I ordered her village to be burnt. After the village and her family were burnt one day this woman came into my dream. She cursed me that all my beauty will fade away and I will become a beast. She cursed me to become a cruel heartless monster. She cursed that I will never die. She made me the king of darkness. Next day when I woke up I was turned into a beast. All my people ran away from the castle fearing me, leaving me with these dark creatures and my loyal servant Michael."
"I searched for the cure in many books and I went to many witches for help. But I got no help. One day I found a kind witch. She told me that I will turn into my human form only in daytime. And in the night atleast for sometime I had to remain the beast. She told me that this curse can not be erased completely but, I can find love. If I find love then the darkness in my life will be vanished. My heart would not be that ruthless. And I will live a happy life. But for that there was a condition. I could only fall in love with the first human that I didn't feel like killing. I tried not to kill the other girls I met but eventually I ended up killing them the moment I saw them. But when I met you, I couldn't kill you, the thought of you getting hurt made me furious. And at that moment I knew that you are the one. The one to love me. The one to heal me. And I fell in love with you at the same moment that I laid my eyes on you, Ariel."

And with that he slowly kissed me.

Picture of the girl who cursed Alexander