Preference 52 :)

What the mercs would say if/when the sleep talk!

(I don't know if this is a proper description but I hope you like it anyways)

LET ME JUST SAY: I know talking in your sleep is linked to some kind of sleep disorder (correct me if I'm wrong). I only skimmed through some google articles, so I barely have any knowledge about it. Please tell me if something is wrong or exaggerated!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have a few idea written down in my planner and I'm not sure if they are actual requests or not lmao. And I don't even want to look through the comments because it would be impossible to find lmaoaojsjsjsj

Oh well, hope you enjoy this chapter!

WARNINGS: no warnings y'all 😌
————————————————

Scout:
When Scout sleep talks, he just mumbles the random things he's dreaming about. It's absolutely hilarious to hear "Mr. chucklenuts, don't take my peanut butter" at 2 am.

When he has nightmares, he'll murmur your name and won't calm down until you put your arms around him.

Sniper:
Unlike Scout, Sniper just says single words whenever he talks. He'll say "hello?" Or "what...?" Like he's having a conversation with someone.

When he gets nightmares, he gets them bad. He'll start off by whispering some slightly concerning words, then it'll escalate to him shouting names and pleas. It's difficult to wake him when he gets like that, but when he does wake, he always has a hard time going back to sleep.

He'll usually go outside for air or a smoke. When he returns, he just silently cuddles you. If he falls asleep, great; but him staying up for the rest of the night is common.

Spy:
Most of the time, Spy whispers words in French so you don't even understand him. Sometimes he mutters out codes and names, and whenever you mention them, Spy just brushes it away.

You know he's having a nightmare when he speaks in quicker and in harsher tones (still in French). He won't stop no matter what you do, and you usually have to wake him up. After a nightmare, he usually goes outside for a smoke to clear his head and calm down; maybe even have a drink or two if it was a really bad one.

Soldier:
Soldier just murmurs about the usual things- America, communism, you, the military, etc etc. Once, he said the whole pledge of allegiance in his sleep.

If he gets a nightmare, he'll shout a whole lot. He won't stop until you wake him up. After he's up, he's usually grumpy and snappy. It's takes him a few minutes to calm down before he apologizes. Cuddling makes him fall asleep faster.

Engineer:
This boy doesn't exactly say words all the time. It's mostly just mumbles and grumbles. Once and a while he'll say a word or two relating to his dream, but that's rare.

When he gets nightmares he'll start yelling about something happening in his dream. You have to be carful waking him, because sometimes (depending on his dream) he'll lash out.

If he does, he always apologizes and feels horrible the rest of the day. Whenever he can't fall back asleep, he'll go in the garage and try to get some work done.

Pyro:
Like Scout, he just says whatever's happening in his dream. Sometimes it's scary as fuck though, because he'll start laughing hysterically at 1am.

When he has nightmares, he just mumbles a bunch of incomprehensible words. It's hard to tell when he has nightmares, but he usually wakes himself up. When this happens, he just cuddles you and tries to go back to sleep.

Demo:
His sleep talk is actually very similar to his drunk mumbles. There are some words you can't understand, and some words you can. He almost always talks about the Loch Ness monster or his family.

You can always tell when he's having a nightmare, because his voice gets much more urgent and rough. Whenever you wake him up while he's having a nightmare, he'll be very jumpy.

He actually jumped off the bed once. Demo usually just gets comfortable again and cuddles you to go back to sleep, but if it was really bad, then he might have a drink or two. Or three.

Medic:
Medic can also carry out full sentences while he's sleeping. He often switches back and forth between German and English.

You can usually tell when he's having a nightmare because he'll start grunting and start speaking really fast. He always calms down when you hug him and pull him close.

Heavy:
Heavy alternates between full sentences and quite mumbles. It's almost always in Russian, but sometimes you'll catch some English here and there.

You can always tell when he's having a nightmare because he just starts speaking 100% English and he starts moving and twitching. You have to wake him up carefully, because sometimes he will lash out. He always apologizes profusely and always makes sure he didn't hurt you. After really bad dreams, he always gets up, makes some tea and reads. It just calms him down.
——————————————

JEEEEEEEEZ! This was kinda hard to write because there isn't much of a variety in sleep talking (right?)

Idk, I feel like I didn't write the correct request, so if you originally requested this and it's not what you wanted, please reach out and tell me! I promise I won't cry lmaoo

Anyways, I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter! Make sure you stay safe and practice social distancing!

Requests are closed for now! ❤️❤️