C H A P T E R 8

° ° °

Three men entered a dark room. The lights were dim and the whole room smelt cigarettes, alcohol, and even drugs.

Sitting in the middle of the room was their boss. A cigarette in his hand.

One of the men walked towards their boss and handed him a brown envelope. "We found her location, sir."

"Where?" their boss asked as he opened the envelope and looked at the pictures inside.

Six images. One girl.

"She's hiding in Melbourne, Australia." the man standing in front of him answered. "She changed her name to hide her identity. Just like what you predicted."

He stared at the pictures in his hands.

"But Jeon Jungkook is with her, sir." his men quickly added.

His ear flinched. "What?"

"Her ex-fiancé found her before we could, sir." he bowed his head. "We're sorry."

His hands balled into fists. "Bring her back here in Korea immediately." he ordered. Making his men flustered.

"How, sir?"

"If what we did to her father was not enough to bring her home, then we'll do it to her brothers instead." he put his cigarette over his mouth and exhaled it.

Once he puffed the white smoke out of his mouth, he ordered. "Shoot one of her brothers."

"Understood, Mr. Kang."

° ° °

"So just to clear things here, this is not a date. Right?"

The moment they finished ordering and when the waiter left, this is the first thing that Lisa says.

Jungkook—who happens to be sitting in front of her, was impressed by her sudden question.

"Does it matter if this is a date or not?" he questioned back in a playful manner.

She rolled her eyes. "I'm the only one who even cares." she mumbles. "Whatever. I am declaring that this is not a date and this is just us having dinner."

"If you say so, Sin." he chuckled. "I'm not the one who's wearing an attractive dress here."

And then, his eyes slowly went down to her neck and down further to her chest.

She was wearing a skin-tight black dress that hugs her every curves. This made her look very elegant and just like what Jungkook said, she looked more attractive than she already is.

Her hand went to her hip. "Well, one, I'm very attractive. Two, I wore this dress because I don't want to look cheap when people would see me beside you. And three, keep your eyes up here, Jeon. Don't make me stab your eyes with this knife." she raised the bread knife in her hand that was resting beside the fork. Making him look up to her again.

He cleared his throat and his hand made its way to his tie, loosening it a bit.

This made Lisa tilt her head. "Oh my, did I made you flustered Mr. Jeon?" she asked him teasingly. "I'm sorry, I never knew that I had this effect on you."