Chapter 55

Arjun's P.O.V.

I woke up with a jolt when I heard the room door slam open. I felt a weight on my chest and realised that Anvi was still sleeping.

I heard the snap of a camera and without even looking up I knew it was my family. My mom especially.

"Hi mom", I said.

"Hi", she said softly as she smiled at Anvi.

"She's finally asleep?", Yashvi said as she stared at her best friend.

"Oh hi Arjun, was just here for a checkup and thought we'd give you a visit", Sanjay said as he draped an arm around Yashvi and pulled her close.

I felt Tanvi shift a little and she nuzzled her head in my chest feeling comfortable.

"How are you feeling?", Mom asked me as she sat in the chair.

"I'm feeling good mom", I said with a smile.

"Wait, what happened to my daughter?", Dad said.

"Look at that not even greeting your son", I said as I shook my head.

"Oh shut up and tell me what happened to her"

"Well, she fainted yesterday, it was the lack of nutrients and rest", I said as I caressed her hair.

"I knew it, I told this girl to eat, to rest but she didn't listen to me", mom said as she pouted.

"It's ok, now that I'm awake, I'll take care of her"

"That we know you will", Sanjay said as he smiled at me.

"She was a wreck without you, but now that you're awake I'm sure you'll take care of her", Yashvi said and then the couple left the room as they were getting late for something.

"Well, the doctor said that they'll discharge you today, so we can take you home today", mom said.

"Oh you're awake", dad said as he stared at Tanvi with a smirk.

"Looked like you had a good night sleep", dad said cheekily.

"Dad!", She whined and hid her face in my chest.

"Oh shut up", mom said.

After chatting for some time, with Anvi still in my arms, mom and dad left promising to come in the afternoon to pick us up.

"Hi baby", I said.

"Hello, good morning", she said cutely.

"Slept nicely?", I asked her as I caressed her face.

"Yeah, it's the most I've slept in a whole week", she said.

"Don't mention it", I grumbled. It still hurt to know that she hadn't slept properly or eaten anything since my accident.

"I love you Arjun", she said.

"I love you too baby", I said as I hugged her body closer to mine and kissed her head.

"Your stubble tickles", she said as she giggled.

"Really?", I asked as I started rubbing my face on hers.

"Stop", she whined as she laughed.

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Tanvi's P.O.V.

"Well, Mrs. Malhotra as we have shown, dress the wounds on the time to avoid any infection. He can only wash himself after a week considering the fact that half of his wounds are still healing, your hand will take some some more time to heal", the doctor said and then we all left the hospital.