Lies

Satan was really gone.

The room was silent, with Mayor Jeon still crouched on the ground, not moving his body.

Was he dead or paralyzed?

But finally, Mayor jeon wipes his eyes, dusts off the ashes, and stands up.

He slowly opens the door, steps out, then closes it.

We're silent, awaiting to make sure that he's actually left.

After a few minutes, we also stand up and quietly walk side by side out of the building.

***

A street lamp illuminates the area around us- it's a prominent contrast to the dark, gloomy sky.

Jungkook was next to me, as we watched Satan interrogate his father. He knows all about the supernatural now.

"So my mom didn't commit suicide.. my father's business killed her and he lied to me." Jungkook's eyes are completely vacant, devoid of emotion.

"I didn't know. I'm so sorry." I slowly put my hand on his shoulder, scared to make him feel more uncomfortable.

Jungkook looks at me. "Did you know Candidate Kim is the King of the Underworld?"

My lips formed the word No but instead I blurted out "Yes."

Huh? I didn't mean to do that. I meant to lie.

"Did you know Taehyung is the son of Satan?" Jungkook asks.

Again, I was ready to lie but I said, "Yes."

"And he's also my half brother?"

"Yes."

Jungkook stares at me in disbelief. "You knew all this all along but didn't think to tell me?"

"I did it to protect you!" I honestly explain.

"I've been telling the truth all along, but it took you so long to reveal your real intentions..."

"I don't think I can trust you."Jungkook shakes his head, like he doesn't know me at all.

"Please, Jungkook. Everything I've been doing these past few weeks. Every moment was for you," I tell him.

"Who is the other Y/n that tried to impersonate as you?"

This was easy to tell him since I was already planning to. "She's a version of me from a parallel universe, a universe completely different from ours."

"And why is she here?"

I gulp. "I can't tell you that."

Jungkook rolls his eyes and begins to walk away.

Should I lie to him? The truth would hurt him so bad. I'll just say I don't know why she's here.

"I don't kno-" My throat suddenly felt constricted, like there was smoke all around me. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't speak. I couldn't lie.

"You literally had her tied up and wanted her dead. It's clear you knew some of her motives." Jungkook narrows his eyes.

"She-She wanted-" I tried to close my mouth, but the magical fumes I inhaled a few moments ago was forcing the answer out of me.

"She wanted to kill you." I finally say. "Her purpose in this universe was to kill you."

"Why would she want to do that?"

"I don't know! She probably just got so consumed by her hatred for you. She's just crazy."

"Is there apart of you that still wants me dead?" Jungkook's eyes widened.