Chapter 28-Time to go Home

You stood with the clones as they finished rounding up all the Mauldalorians. The last two, Rook and Saxon were still on their knees.

"Hey Saxon how's it going?" You asked waking up to him.
"Back off Vizsla," Saxon said.
"No can do, remember, we have you in custody," you said. "Take that Mauldalorian!"

Saxon glared at you and tried to break free.
"I wish I found you instead of that lowlife Gil and that traitor Bo-Katan, you'd already be dead!" He snarled.
A clone held their blaster to Saxon's head and took him away.

"General, who was that?" One of the clones asked you.
"Gar Saxon," you said. "I think he was the whatever for Maul like General or Commander, I don't know, nor do I care." You stopped talking when a gunship landed and the doors opened revealing a familiar face.

"Trooper, go help them," you said to the clone you were talking to.
"Yes sir," he said before running over to assist the other clones with Maul.

Ahsoka and Rex exited the ship and you ran up to her.
"Don't you ever make me leave you again," you said.
"Oh shut up," Ahsoka said. "We did it right? We captured Maul."
"Congrats, you did something my Master failed to do," you smiled.

"Nice job," Bo walked up to you and Ahsoka.
"I didn't really do anything," Ahsoka said.
"Still, you succeeded where others have failed," Bo said. "You got skills."
"So do you," you said.
"Yeah right," Bo rolled her eyes. "I wish I was good at something other than war."
"Your people need a leader," Ahsoka said. "You would be great for that."
"She's right," you said.
Bo nodded.

"Come on, we have to go report to Master Windu," Ahsoka said.
"Let's go," you said. "Come on Rex."
The clone Commander nodded at you and followed you and Ahsoka as you left the other clone troopers with Maul.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"(Y/n) and I will escort Commander Rex when he delivers Maul back to Coruscant," Ahsoka said.
"Actually, Padawan Vizsla," Master Windu said. "The Council needs you to stay on Mandalore to make sure leader transitions go smoothly."
You nodded.

"A great service to the Republic, you have done," Master Yoda said to Ahsoka.
"I did my duty as a citizen," Ahsoka said.
"Not as a Jedi?" Yoda asked.
"No, not yet," Ahsoka shook her head.
Yoda nodded slowly.

"Actually I was hoping to speak with General Skywalker," Ahsoka said.
"I sent him to inform the Chancellor that General Grievous has indeed been located on Utapau," Master Windu said.
"Master Kenobi?" Ahsoka asked.
"Engage the enemy, he has," Master Yoda said.
"Then the war could be over soon," Ahsoka realized.

Master Windu spoke up.
"That depends on the Chancellor," he looked at Master Yoda.
You looked up for the first time.
"What do you mean?" Ahsoka asked.

Master Windu looked back at Ahsoka.
"I'm sorry citizen, these matters are for the council to discuss," He said, which shocked you. Ahsoka was basically a Jedi, even if she denied it.

"I understand," Ahsoka nodded.
Master Windu nodded to you before his hologram disappeared. Only Master Yoda remained.

"Ahsoka. More to say, have you?" He asked. "A message for Skywalker, perhaps?"
Ahsoka looked down for a moment before speaking.
"No, Master. Thank you," she said. "I'll tell him myself when I see him."

Master Yoda nodded.
"May the Force be with you, Padawans," he said to both of you.
You nodded and the hologram of Master Yoda was gone.
"You didn't tell them about what Maul said about General Skywalker," Rex said.
"What?" You asked.
"Maul said Anakin will join the dark side," Ahsoka said.
"Impossible, he'd never," you said.
"Exactly," Ahsoka said. "I'll tell him when we see him again."