2. Wedding

Adiba's POV

"Miss.. ye samajh nahi aara (I don't understand this)" a child stood up and said. I was in class teaching small kids. I'm a maths and urdu teacher for junior to 8th stander. And now I was in 2rd standard taking small test. I really love to teach small kids. They make me feel content.

"Come here" I asked that boy and he came to the blackboard but i could see he was little afraid.

"Dar kyun rahe ho?( Why are you afraid) I know you will understand.. I will make you" I said with soft smiled. He was average student of my class. Takes time for understanding.

"What is it?" I asked showing him one of question. > 12+____ + 4 = 21<

He looked at me and than at the question confused. I sighed.

"You didn't pay attention when I taught everyone" it was not a question but statement. and he looked down.

I went to my desk and sat on my chair while taking my note book.

"Come here" I called him beside me. He came Feeling scared. "You don't have to be scared... I told you before when you didn't understand you can ask me... But that doesn't mean you ask me in the middle of the test" I said softly but he became more tensed I smiled. Child become tensed infront of teachers. It doesn't matter how teacher was soft but still they hold a little fear of them.

" I'll taught you now... But next time I want you to concentrate on the class okay.. you can ask me if don't understand when I'm teaching you.. but not in the test" I said and wrote that question in my note and showed him. I couldn't thought him on the blackboard cause my other students were writing their answers.

"12+4= ___ " I asked and he calculated with his fingers.

"16" he answered and I nodded.

"Okay. Now how many we want to make 16 to 21?" He again started calculating.

"5" He answered.

"Yeah... Now what will we fill in this" showing him that dash.

"12+4=16.. 16+5=21... There is 4 already but 5 is missing it's mean the answer is 5... We will fill 5 in that dash" I answered happily.

"Yes.. right.. now you understood?"

"Yes.. but miss.. 12+___+4... But we plus 12 and 4 first..." he was asking confusingly.

"That doesn't matter... And we can calculate answer like this... First we will add giving numbers and then, when we find answers we will add them to the  actual answer which where here" showing him (=21) I paused and then continue " then you will fill the dash with the answer you got" I explained and his eyes shown that he understood.

He went to his bench and then started writing. After 30 minutes before bell I collect the papers. And walked out of the class.

Whole day went like that teaching and taking test and all. I came back home and again saw that same car in porch. That day I didn't know who came here but today I have idea who would be them.

My in laws.

I thought and bite my lips. And slowly walked inside the same way I did taht day and walked silently upstairs without their knowledge. I heard some voices from there but didn't paid attention and went straight to my room and closed the door. My heart is beating fast. Last night Chachi said that they will come to see me. And maybe they are here to see me. I was nervous and scared. But I know I have to get ready or else Chachi will scold me and I don't want to be scolded by her. And there is nothing I can deny now. In a week my marriage is. This thought make me sick in my stomach.