3- Wow

Ted's POV

Ted's POV

I walk through the familiar, boring crowded hallways. Don't get me wrong, I do actually like school. It's just that going to the same place and expecting the same events of getting picked on by Zach and seeing the same faces over and over again for 3 years gets boring.

After getting my things from my locker, My twin and I now go to her locker. Tessa and I might be fraternal twins but we look a lot like each other. The only thing different about us was our hair color. She has blonde hair while I have brown hair.

I leaned on a locker, waiting for Tessa to finish getting her things. My eyes roam the halls to be met by those same chocolate brown eyes from yesterday. Instead of it being sharp and threatening like before, it was now soft and inviting. It was like the exact opposite of his personality.

What shocked me the most was he smiled at me. It wasn't a fake smile or a smirk, it was a genuine one. A smile that I haven't seen him make before. I froze in place, not knowing what to do. Do I smile back? Ignore it?

If I smile back, it would be a nice gesture but, if his smile was actually fake, then I would make a fool of myself for believing. If I ignore it, then I would be a total jerk, fake or not. I was about to smile back when Tessa shut her locker door which startled me.

We walked to our first class together, like always. We had to pass by Zach and I tried not to look. His smile from awhile ago looked so genuine and happy that I couldn't help but look at him again. It made me want more.

I looked at him who was looking at us, me, to be specific. He gave me another smile and I finally smiled back, but it was just a small one. A small, shy smile. I glanced at Tessa who was giving him daggers which seems to not affect him. God, if only he knew what Tessa is capable of.

We enter the almost full AP US Government & Politics room. All my classes are AP classes except Music. I plan to go to Stanford University to study Pre-Law. It's the only course that I became interested in. Our teacher came in and started teaching after attendance.

___________________________________

After 4 hours of classes, the lunch bell rang. I fixed my things, stood up, and proceeded to meet up with my sister at her locker cause we only had 2 classes together, 1st and 2nd. I was almost at her locker when-

"Hey Ted" the popular, gorgeous Samantha Wilson greeted. She's really friendly and even saying gorgeous is an understatement. No words can explain how beautiful she is.

She's also very friendly. She would always greet me when we cross paths and she's like the complete opposite of his brother Zach. Well, personality-wise. They are both very attractive. They have the same features like hair and eyes. You can very much tell they're siblings.

I smile back at her and continued to walk until I reach Tessa. She was giving me a look when I got to her. A look that meant something bad happened. Ugh, what could it be now, detention?

"I got detention," I guess I'm waiting for an hour after dismissal.

"Because I didn't do my Calculus homework," she continued.

"W-Why? You could've asked me for help," I said.

"I have asked for help from you for all of my Math homework since middle school and I thought that you'd be sick of me asking for help," she explained and I smiled

"Next time, just ask for my help. Don't think that I'm sick of it cause I never will," She smiled and we went to the cafeteria.

We sat at our table and ate lunch. As usual, I ate quietly while my friends talked. I let my eyes drift through the cafeteria and caught Zach staring at me.

Why is he staring at me?

He gave me the same genuine smile from this morning. It was accompanied by a wave of a hand. I've never seen Zach be this friendly before, much less to me. I wave back to him and quickly looked away.

I looked at Tessa who was giving Zach glares again. Before I could do anything, the bell rang. We rise up from our seats and went to our respective periods.

I went to my AP Psychology class and it was like every other class. An hour passed by and I was off to my Music class. I was walking to the Music room when Zach came up to me.

"Hey," he greeted with a smile. What in the world will I respond to the most popular guy in school, my tormentor, and my crush?!

"H-Hi," I barely make out the word.

"We have Music class together, right?" I nod at his question.

"Then let's walk together if you don't mind," he said, shocking me. I just nod because I might just get beaten up if I decline his offer.

We were given strange and confused looks. The victim is walking with his bully together without anything happening. Yeah, I'm one confused camper too.

We entered the music room and I quickly sat down beside someone. He might just sit beside me and I might just freak out. I sat beside this boy who was quite quiet and anti-social like me. Finally, I can relax my mind.

When I thought it was over, a bag plopped down in front of the person sitting next to me. I look at who it is and it was non-other than Zach. The boy didn't even try to argue and just stood up and went to another seat. I sigh when he sat down but internally, I was freaking out.

The most popular guy in school, my tormentor, and surprisingly my crush as well, was sitting beside me. I try not to make it obvious that I'm freaking out but I am freaking out. This is going to be a long hour for sure.
___________________________________

The final bell rang and the day was over. I walk to Tessa's locker to see her waiting for me. I still wasn't over the fact that Zach walked and sat with me in Music class and my thoughts were full and messed up.

"So, You're gonna wait for me?" I gave her a confused look and then suddenly remembered that she had detention. I guess the day wasn't really over.

I nod and she was off to the detention room. I, on the other hand, went to the library to do my homework. Yeah, I know, how fun. I was alone at the library and made my homework for about 25 minutes. I finished and stared at nothing for 5 minutes straight, not knowing what else to do.

What would I do when I'm bored?

Singing. When I'm bored I make songs and sing. I should do that since I had nothing else better to do so I got my things and quickly went to the music room.

Fortunately, it was quiet and empty, just perfect for me. I decided to sing one of my favorite songs, One Day by Tate McRae. That song is literally so sad. I sat at the piano bench and let my fingers touch the keys and started to sing it in a lower starting note since I have a semi-low voice.

She stares at her ceiling once again
With a hundred thoughts
"Maybe he knows who I am"
"Actually, probably not"
She walks down the hall with her head down low
Scared to meet his eyes
Even when she hears his voice
She's swarmed with butterflies

It's impossible to get you off my mind
I think about a hundred thoughts and you are 99
I've understood that you will never be mine
And that's fine I'm just breaki-

"Wow," I froze and widen my eyes.