Chapter Fifty Two

"What the heck is this?" I ask as I throw Kevin's door open. He's sitting at his table. I throw the magazine down so he can look at it.

"Your story," he says. He gives me a wicked grin. I cross my arms and stare down at him.

"Why would you do this?" I ask. He shrugs and picks up the magazine. He flips through it and lands on a page with my mother and Aspen Leger's photos. In between the photos it says Queen America's Other Man.

"This one's my favorite," he says as he points at the picture. Then, he turns his attention back to me to continue. "I told you the first day I was here. And I meant it," he says.

"And what is that?" I ask, mentally running our first conversation through my head. His green eyes stare into mine. I know what he is doing, though. He is trying to make me seem like the weaker of us. Like I should be scared of him.

"I told you that I was willing to do anything to get a good story. For the world to know the truth," he says. I shake my head and pace the floor. He simply folds his hands on the table. It all seems to feel like a questioning for the police. Though it is similar, I'm glad that's not the case.

"Why did you have to do this, though? Was this your plan all along?" I ask. He shakes his head. He leans forward and places his elbows on the table, his hands still folded together.

"No, it wasn't. I was expecting the princess to be different. Not to be so naive and trusting of someone she just met. That she would better protect her family and the country. I thought the princess would be more educated and not be fooled by an act. This wasn't my plan. I didn't find her very. . . interesting. But when I found out that she was willing to tell all her secrets, I became interested," he explains. He stands up from his spot and crosses his arms.

"So, this was all an act?" I ask. He nods with a smirk on his face. I walk towards him, leaving a foot of space between us. It doesn't require him to look down or for me to look up. We're just about at eye level.

"And I get the feeling I'm the only one who is just an act. Like your precious Flynn. I bet he is just trying to get to your money," he says. I slap him across the face. He doesn't look fazed by it.

"That's not true! And I demand for you to leave this instant," I say. He shrugs.

"So you just become that much closer to being married? When I leave, there is two days left for them to propose and then it's up to you. Your so gullible you'll eat out of the hands of whoever proposes first," he says. I slap him again before walking towards the door.

"You've got an hour to pack and be gone. You aren't allowed any longer than that. And don't expect any of the foot men to be here to help," I spit. I slam the door, which was open during the entire conversation, shut behind me.
And, bam! Kevin is gone! Only two days left for someone to propose to Celia. Who do you want it to be? Comment and tell me what you think! The comments on the last chapter brought a smile to my face. It made my day, which was terrible, a lot better. Those were probably my favorites of them all.

Disclaimer: Kiera Cass owns The Selection, not me.