149 The Jilted Second Young Master (22)

A business trip?

Song Jia nodded her head and said, "Older brother-in-law is so busy."

After the three people ate their lunch, Song Jia tried to push Lin Yitian back to his study, but the latter was as stable as Mount Tai, he didn't even budge an inch.

Song Jia thought that this malicious ghost hanging on to her shoulders was not only clingy, he was also not see-through. Even when she tried her best to ignore him, he would find ways to get her attention.

"Yitian, if you don't leave the two of us alone, I'm going to pack my things and go home!"

Song Jia decided to resort to threats just to get him to leave them alone. She could tell that Rong Jingfei wanted to have a girl-to-girl talk with her, but Lin Yitian's presence was preventing her from doing that.

Lin Yitian finally left them alone with a reluctant expression. He gave Rong Jingfei a last warning look before he stomped his way up the stairs, clearly throwing a tantrum.

"Qiqi, Yitian is sure attached to you. I've never seen him behave that way, not even to his own family."

Song Jia thought, When would he even have the time to attach himself to his family when they left him alone inside this big mansion?

Rong Jingfei exhaled a sigh. "I just wish Shenglan could work at home like his younger brother. I think he spends more time going on business trips with his secretary than going on dates with me."

"But he brings you flowers every day," Song Jia pointed out. "Being the CEO of a corporation, it must be hard on him. Why don't you give him a surprise visit?"

Rong Jingfei's eyes widened. "A surprise visit?"

She had never thought of doing that before. Primarily because as a daughter of an upper class family, she knew that wives must not interfere in their husband's business. Rong Jingfei thought about it. It was true that it was mostly Lin Shenglan who was showering her with romantic gestures...

Rong Jingfei remembered the location Lin Shenglan told her he would be for his business trip. It wasn't far.

Rong Jingfei's expression became determined. "Qiqi, you're right. Then...I'll leave first."

"Sister Rong, fighting!" Song Jia encouraged her.

Rong Jingfei gave her a smile, turned around, and abruptly screamed.

"Brother-in-law!"

Song Jia turned around as well. Lin Yitian hadn't actually gone to his study as he promised, but sat on the guard railing of the second floor, his legs hanging between the rails. His face was pressed against the bars, his eyes intensely staring at the two of them.

Song Jia pressed a hand against her chest.

What the heck, he was really fulfilling the role of a midnight ghost...

As soon as Rong Jingfei left, Lin Yitian and Song Jia transferred to the living room room. Since it didn't seem that Lin Yitian would go back anytime soon to his study, she made him anchor her feet while she did sit-ups and started on her daily exercises.

"Yitian, it's bad to eavesdrop on other people's conversations."

Taking a five-minute break, Song Jia decided to have a talk with Lin Yitian about life.

"I'm your fiancée, right? Not willing to leave me alone with Sister Rong and eavesdropping on our conversation means that you don't trust me. I've stayed here for at least several months now, and you should have an idea about the kind of person that I am. Do I look like the type that would have an affair behind your back?"

Lin Yitian paused, then shook his head from the left, then to the right.

"If you really trust me, then you have to accept my decisions. Sister Rong is my friend, I can assure you that there's nothing between us at all. What you did to Sister Rong earlier was rude."

"But Jia..." Lin Yitian pushed his lower lip into a sullen pout. "I trust you, but I don't trust other people. What if they take you away and force you to leave me?"

"Then..." Song Jia thought about it. "I'll tell you and let you deal with them. Is that okay with you?"

Lin Yitian quickly nodded.

Song Jia held out her hands to him and said, "Help me stretch up."

Lin Yitian grabbed her hands and aligned their feet as Song Jia bent her back, folding forward with a straight spine. She held that pose for thirty seconds before pulling at Lin Yitian's hands, signalling that it was his turn.

Wang Han watched them from the side, feeling that this couple was truly in harmony. No wonder the second young master could break his routine for Miss Su. Even if Miss Su caused endless waves to the second young master's normal life, it didn't give a feeling of chaos but peace, just as if it was completely natural, like warm ocean currents.

...

On the other side, Rong Jingfei finally arrived at the airport after two hours of travel.

She wore an A-line dress that showed off her figure, and a pair of platform heels that made her legs look even longer.

She was determined to sweep Lin Shenglan off his feet. Recalling Lin Yitian's expression whenever he looked at Su Qi, Rong Jingfei decided that she would make Lin Shenglan look at her in the same way.

She hired a private car and told the driver to go to the hotel where Lin Shenglan was meeting with his clients. She checked herself in the mirror repeatedly, making sure that her make-up was perfect.

Rong Jingfei was half-nervous and half-excited. It was the first time she did anything like this, as Lin Shenglan usually hated surprises. After the driver dropped her off, Rong Jingfei went to the concierge and asked about Lin Shenglan's room number. They were very strict about the customer's privacy, so Rong Jingfei had to show proof that she was Lin Shenglan's fiancée.

Rong Jingfei checked herself in the mirror for the last time, and took the elevator to go to the topmost floor. Lin Shenglan had booked a room that was reserved for V.I.P.'s, and Rong Jingfei easily found his room.

Rong Jingfei didn't have a keycard. She dialed Lin Shenglan's number on her phone, but it had a busy dial tone. She frowned. What if he wasn't in his room but was still on a meeting somewhere? Did that mean that she had to wait for him here?

Rong Jingei tapped her foot while thinking and immediately found a solution.

"Ah!"

She dialed another number on her phone, which quickly connected. "Yang Yunsong? I'm in one of your hotels and I want to surprise Shenglan. Can you give me a duplicate keycard to his room? No...I'm fine....alright, thank you. Tell Aunt Yang I'll come visit her tomorrow. Thanks Brother Song!"

Rong Jingfei smiled in silent victory. Who knew that a person she merely hung out with in childhood would become a helpful knight in the future? It really didn't hurt to have a lot of connections.

An attendant soon came hurrying with the duplicate keycard. Rong Jingfei thanked him, and swiped the keycard on the reader. With a quiet beep, the door to Lin Shenglan's room opened.

"Shenglan?" she called out.

Rong Jingfei paused by the hallway mirror and rearranged her hair again. She was halfway to the living room when one of the doors opened, revealing Secretary Wen.