The General & The Prince pt 3

As the days progressed you started to move around better and the pain was fading. "How does it look?" You ask as Loki helps you change the little dressings. "Looks good think we can leave the bandages off today." "That's great! Do you think I can train with Bucky? He wanted to see my skills before we go home." "I don't know (Y/N). That kind of rigorous movement could hurt you." "I'll be careful." You say getting up and walking to the bathroom. Loki leaves for you to get dressed for the day since you don't need help anymore. You put on light training gear and gently secure the attire to your still sensitive back. You walk out of your room and Loki leads you to the training room where you see Bucky and Steve. They were sparing with each other and you studied their movements. "General how are you?" Steve asks as the men rest. "I'm good Captain. I promised to show Bucky my skill set and here I am." You hum as you pick up a sword from a rack. You hold it in your hands for a bit to get used to the weapon. You were surprised that it was well made and perfectly balanced. "Oh thats neat mind if I stay and watch?" Steve asks as the men sit on the bleacher like seats. "Sure I don't mind an audience." You say as you make your way to some wooden training dummies. "Just be careful (Y/N). I don't want you getting hurt again." Loki says softly as he squeezes your hand. "Why are you so worried about me Loki? I'm healing fine and we will be home soon so this act of us being civil towards each other will end soon." "This act?" He asked shocked at your words. "Yes this act. You said yourself it ends when we get home. You despise me remember. You hate that I'm a general thats a woman. Just let me train my prince I need to be ready if I need to protect you again." You pull your hand out of his grip and place it on the hilt of the sword. "Fine I'll leave you to it General (L/N)." He growls as his fists ball up. "Thank you my prince." You bow and he quickly leaves the room. You roll your eyes and walk towards Bucky and Steve. You show them what you can do and teach them a few things with your knives.

"Brother what's wrong?" Thor asks as Loki rushes past him. "Loki wait!" He says as he turns to follow him. "Why do I even care about her? She's my guard and it's her job to protect me. She's such an ungrateful bitch. I could have made her change her dressings herself. That would have been difficult since they were on her back." Loki growls as he paces in front of Thor. A smile creeps on Thor's face which makes Loki stop and look at him. "What are you smiling at?" "You love her don't you?" "What? No! It's general (L/N) for gods sake you oaf." "You know you can't lie to me brother. You may be the god of them but I know you too well." "Maybe I do." Loki grumbles as he crosses his arms. "You better tell her before Bucky makes a move. He's pretty smitten with her. Don't want to lose a beautiful woman and fierce General to a Midgardian man now would you?" Thor teases as you and Bucky walk into the room where the brothers are. You were laughing at what Bucky said when you make eye contact with Loki. After what happened in the training room you really didn't want to deal with him so you take Bucky's hand and walk past him. "Where are we going General?" "I need to change. You can call me (Y/N) if you want Bucky. I'm no General to you." You giggle and he smiles. "That's a pretty name." He sighs as he follows you to your room. Loki watches as you two disappear into the room and groans in annoyance. "Told you." Thor hums as he leans against the wall. "What do I do? Like how do I tell her?" "I would tell her at the party tonight. That's if you can get her away from Bucky." Loki nods and makes his way to his room. He stops as he hears your laughter through the neighboring door.

"Oh Bucky you're too cute." You giggle as he shows you pictures of him in his old military uniform. "This was Steve before he was a super solider." Your eyes grow wide trying to wrap your head around how Steve used to look like that. "Wow he was so little." "Yeah but he would always pick fights with guys bigger then him. I would have to pull him out of a scrap on many occasions." "What does scrap mean?" "Oh just a fight." He says with a shrug. You nod and sit down on the bed. "Thought you wanted to change?" Bucky says cocking his head to the side. "Oh yeah that's why I came in here huh?" You sigh as you get up and walk to the closet. "Was there another reason doll?" He asks as he steps behind you causing you to look at him through the mirror. "I didn't want to be in the same room as Prince Loki. He's a real jurk sometimes well all of the time. We don't get along too well. He thinks women shouldn't be officers and give orders. He would always question my leadership and decisions even before I was promoted to general. We agreed to be civil during this trip to Midgard just so things could go smoothly. Then the bomb happened and he seemed to be extra nice to me. Helping with my bandages and stuff but it's just awkward for me. We are usually at each others throats. Does this make any sense or am I just rambling?" You ask as you turn to face Bucky. "I think I understand what you're saying. I can see why that would be weird. I can see the way he looks at you, I think he's realizing what an amazing woman you are. I mean you saved his life, that would give anyone reason to treat that person better. If it's any consolation I think you are an incredible woman and you are worthy of your rank. I'd serve under you in a heartbeat doll." "Thank you Bucky." You say softly as you lean into his chest. "I wish I could hug you but I don't what to hurt your back." "Just be gentle." You sigh as you feel his arms hesitantly wrap around you. His metal hand holds your head and his flesh one rests on the small of your back. You stay like that for a few moments then he pulls away to look at you. "You should probably change darling. People might think we are fooling around in here." He chuckles as he lets you go. "What does that mean? Fooling around?" His face reddens, "umm it means having sex." You turn red too as you hide it with your hands. "Oh goodness we can't have that now can we." "I'll see you later then (Y/N)." Bucky says as he heads to the door.