ten

Slytherin Common Room

"Mornin', Draco! How was your sleep last night?", Pansy greeted Draco the moment he entered the common room.

Suppressing a yawn, Draco grinned and replied, "Pretty good! Got a good seven hours of sleep! I'm not going to let the Wizarding War ruin my sleep!"

Pansy laughed, "Well, good for you! Blaise, me and quite a few other eighth years are still barely able to sleep. Getting at most four hours per night.". That was followed by a yawn.

"Careful, Pansy. If it continues, you may have to go to Madam Pomfrey for a sleeping charm.", Draco warned.

"Actually,", Pansy started, "Alot of the eighth years have been visiting Madam Pomfrey during our breaks and free period. Not just Slytherin, even Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Gryffindor too."

Draco nodded, "Yeah. That's to be expected. Although we all repeated a year to be an unofficial eighth year batch, we... I mean, all of you can't continue being so sleep deprived. Luckily the eighth years won't need to continue with our extra activities though."

"Yeah! Imagine balancing a lack of sleep, prefect duties, studying and even quidditch altogether. I'll probably just hunch over and die one day.", Pansy laughed. "Anyway, Hermione and I agreed to meet up earlier today. Come on, let's go!"

Draco raised his eyebrow. "Wait, who? Blaise or me? Please tell me it's Blaise."

"Nah Pansy, please tell me it's Draco." Blaise chimed in all of a sudden.

"It's the both of you, sillies!", Pansy grinned. "Let's go!"

"Wait, now?", Blaise asked as he was still adjusting his tie.

Pansy looked at Blaise with an annoyed expression. "Oh course now, Zabambi!", Pansy kicked Blaise in the shin.

"Ow!", Blaise collapsed down to hug his throbbing shin. "What was that for?", he furrowed his eyebrows.

"I'm late to our meeting!", Pansy grumbled.

"Who asked you to take us along? I as sure hell didn't ask you.", Blaise stood up again and finished adjusting his tie. He dawned his robe.

Great Hall

When Pansy saw Hermione, her face immediately flushed and both of their faces were plastered with smiles.

Hermione had brought both Harry and Ron with her too. Upon seeing Harry, Draco felt butterflies in his stomach. He could tell that Harry hasn't been getting enough sleep too.

"Hey, Harry.", Draco called out as the rest of the two groups, including Harry, gave Draco a raised eyebrow. "I meant, Potter. Would-", before Draco could say anything, Harry yawned.

"Sod off, Malfoy. I'm too tired to listen to your insults.", Harry grumbled as he took his place at Gryffindor table, which was just beside Slytherin's.

The rest of the Golden Trio, together with Blaise and Pansy sat down on their respective bench too. While Harry placed his heavy head on his hand as he tried his best to carry a conversation with Ron.

At the Slytherin table, Pansy was directly facing Hermione and was admiring her girlfriend. Draco was complaining to Blaise, "I don't understand him, Blaise.". Draco sighed. "I barely said anything yet, but then he cut me off."

"Draco, stop complaining about Potter this, Potter that. Why don't you just ask him out already? Or at least settle whatever that is going on between the both of you.", Blaise responded like it was common sense. Well, having a crush on someone really takes away your common sense.

Draco thought about it and decided to follow what Blaise said. He took a piece of parchment, and used his feathered pen to write in it. After while and when the rest of the students were seated, Draco folded the parchment.

"Hey, Blaise, how does it go again?", Draco asked.

Blaise facepalmed. "Are you serious? Out of all three of us, you're the one who concentrates the most during class and yet you ask me this.", Blaise rolled his eyes.

Draco laughed.

His laughter seemed to attract the attention of Harry, who was sitting beside Hermione and was also facing the Slytherin table, looking at Draco and Blaise's back.

Harry felt like someone had just hexed him, or specifically, his heart. He felt jealous, something that he shouldn't feel. He is the Golden Boy afterall, and although he hated that name, he couldn't avoid it.