15 • I'm sorry

"I would be lying if I say I never care;"

******************

.
.
.

N "Kartik.. Kartik.." She breathed out in fear. She felt suffocated. She needed some fresh air.

"Pata nahi kaha gayab hogaya! Yaha mujhe kitna tension horaha hai. And that stupid!"

Then she went to his room to see if he was there. But there was no sign of him. With that she became more worried.

N "Kartik theek toh hoga nah..."

Shubham "Papa, Bhai ka phone switched off hai. Mujhe laga ghar chala gaya hoga. So I called you." She heard Shubham and she was scared as hell.

Naksh "Aise achanak kaha chala gaya hoga. Aaspaas hi hoga. Let's find him.

N "Kaha ho tum Kartik!" She tried calling him again. Damn switched off!

___

And somewhere far near, Kartik was lying on the road with a pool of blood. The accident occured a nearby dhaba. People gathered there, hovering him around.

"Inko hospital leke jana hoga jaldi. khoon bohot behgaya hai." A person from the audience said.

While with much difficulty they reached hospital, in no time he was shifted into OT room.

"Sahab unke Parivaar walo ko batana hoga." A person said from the group.

"Unke phone se kisi na kisi ka pata toh pakaa mil jayega." Someone suggested and he switched on the phone. The first notification was from "Sherni❤️"

"Shayed unki Biwi hogi" He thought and dialed her number. She picked it up at first ring.

N "Hello Kartik! Kartik? Where the hell are you! Phone kyu switch off hai tumhara? Sab yaha pareshan horahe hai. Main pareshan horhi hoon. kuch bologe bhi." She said in one go.

"Hello?" She realized it was not him. it was not her Kartik.

N "Aap kon? Aur Mera kartik kaha hai?" She asked, fearing.

"Madam jii, yeh jiska phone hai unka accident hogaya hai. Hum abhi city hospital mein hai. Aap jaldi aajaye." The ground beneath her slipped in a second. She could not believe her own ears.

N "Sorry! Aapne kya kaha abhi?" She heard it wrong, yeah she heard it wrong. She assured her heart with those false hopes.

"Unki halat bohot zyada kharap hai. Aap jaldi yaha ajaye." The call got disconnected.

N "He..hello? Hello!.. Kartik!" She shouted and let the pain took over heart.

"Naira? Are you okay? Kya hua? Tu to kyu rahi hai?" Naksh and Shubham came running towards her.

N "Bhai.. kartik...Mera Kartik.. accident... hospital.. I need to go." She mumbled, crying.

"Mujhe jaldi jana hoga uske pass. usse meri zarurat hai.. mujhe jana hoga. Bhai, city hospital.. I can't wait here." She ran before them and rushed the car in full speed.

___

She was driving crazily. blaming herself continuesly for his condition.

N "This is all because of me! All because of me! Naira! What did you do! Na main tumhe jane kehti na tumhara. Kuch nahi hoga tumhe Kartik. I'm here. Naira, relax. kuch nahi hoga tumhare Kartik ko! Breath Naira!" She sighed consoling herself.

___

She reached finally huffing and breathing heavily. She went to reception area and thought to ask him.

N "Kartik?"

"Excuse me ma'am! apko kisse milna hai?" The receptionist asked.

N "Abhi ek accident.. I mean.. recently koi patient jisko OT.." She couldn't complete her sentence and the receptionist understood her situation.

"Yeah, Ma'am. They are the one who bought him here." Naira went towards them.

N "Thank you so much."

"Yeh toh humara farz tha. Aap chinta mat kariye apke pati jaldi theek hojayenge." She just nodded her head.

While Manish, Naitik and Naksh came hearing the news. And the doctor came out of the room at the same time.

N "Doctor, How is he?"

"Well thanks to the person who brought him here on time. Don't worry, he is out of danger. We will shift him to another room." The doctor replied and All took a sign of relief.

___

It had been long four hours, he didn't regain sense yet. Manish and Naitik insisted Naira to go back home. But she was adamant. Finding it hard to make her understand, they didn't force her anymore.

N "Doctor, can I go meet him?" She asked, hopefully.

"I would suggest you to not, right now. Wait for sometime."

N "Doctor, please."

"Well, okay." Naira thanked him and went inside the room.

The tears kept flowing when she saw him in the bed, with a pale face.

N "Kartik..." she cried hugging him slowly, not to hurt him.

N "Mendak baat karo mujhse. Ab kyu band hai tumhari tar tar. Dekho aise pareshan mat karo na mujhe. main aise nahi dekh sakti tumhe. Please uthjao na Kartik." She cried badly.

After a few minutes she heard him murmuring something.

N "Kartik?" She looked up to him and saw him waking up. A smile appeared on her face. She showered kisses all over his face making him startled.

N "Tum theek hona kartik?" She asked softly, cupping his face. But his expression was confusing.

K "Main kaun hoon? Who are you?" Her throat dried with his question.

.
.
.

**********

Don't beat me for this. Wait for the next chapter. Don't forget press the star icon if you liked the chapter ~J🍂

**********