eighteen

Hospital Wing

Harry looked for Blaise's number in Draco's contact list and called it. The phone rang for a moment and got rejected. Harry tried calling two more times but they both got repeatedly rejected, he looked at the contact name, it read "Blaise Zabambi🐍".

As weird as the contact name goes, Harry was pretty sure that it was Blaise's number. Oh, Blaise called back.

"What, Dray? Just because I told you stop texting me during class doesn't mean you can call me. You know my Professor will potentially saw my head off.", Blaise answered on the other end of the line with an annoyed grunt.

"Uh, hey. It's Potter here, Draco is with me in the Hospital Wing. He was in Moaning Myrtle's Bathroom.", Harry began. "Um, Madame Pomfrey said the both of you came in for the same thing last week."

"Oh shit, you're serious?", Blaise asked, his voice obviously alert and worried.

"Yeah."

Blaise immediately put down the call after Harry said that one word, Harry placed Draco's phone on the table beside the hospital bed.

Harry looked back over to Draco, whose face was still paler than ever. He took a nearby chair over to the bedside and sunk into it, "Merlin, Draco. What if I didn't get there in time? Heck, what if I didn't even bother to check after what Prince said?"

Suddenly, the Hospital Wing door was pushed open by a strong external impact. Pansy and Blaise ran in like they were being chased by Hippogriffs, both with their wand in hand.

The two rushed to Draco's bed, one on each side.

"Madame Pomfrey, is Draco alright? How long will it take him to recover this time? When will he be awake? The estimated time?", Pansy bombarded Madame Pomfrey with so many questions.

Madame Pomfrey looked over to Pansy and Blaise. "It.. Might take awhile. It's not the first thing he lost so much blood. In fact it's even more than the last time, and he is not in the best condition to recover.", she explained.

"So, a few hours, a couple days?", Pansy tried to convince herself even though deep inside her, she knew that it was going to take longer than a couple days this time.

Madame Pomfrey shook her head, "He will take at least two weeks to wake up and more to recover."

Pansy was in denial, "No, no, no! It's my fault! If I didn't go last week, if I accompanied him to Charms, this wouldn't have happened.". Tears started running down her face, as she stared at the defaced Dark Mark as Madame Pomfrey made her way to disinfect and bandage it.

Blaise's chest was also aching. Why did he not realise that his best friend was still hurting himself? He had knew since the start of school that although Draco always put up a prideful and vain persona, he was constantly listening and mindful of others' impression of him.

Upon closer inspection of Draco's face, Blaise noticed that his complexion was paler than usual, eyebags prominent.

Harry didn't know what to say about the scene happening in front of him. It was like a movie, unreal and slow moving. Every second felt like an hour. He didn't know what to feel.

He decided that he didn't want to see the moment unfold in front of him, so he left the Hospital Wing and headed back to his common room to rest. He had planned to skip the rest of the day's lesson.

Gryffindor Common Room

"Courageous and Bold.", Harry spoke as the painting opened to reveal the Gryffindor Common Room. There was no one, unsurprisingly, and it was depressingly quiet.

Dragging himself to his bed in the boys' dormitory, he lied on it and tried to sleep what happened off.

As much as he tried to sleep it off, he couldn't. Now, instead of the nightmares from the Wizarding War and the death of his comrades, he was plagued with nightmares of the death of Draco.

It worried him. It really, really, did.