34

Chapter Thirty-Four| Eden

"I'm okay, Theo," I smile as I re-adjust myself on the bed and sit up against the wooden headboard.

Theo gulps and nods, looking at his hands in his lap.

We're in Brazil now. We've been here for a couple days and Theo has continued to look at me with a guilty face. He runs his fingers through his dark curls and casts me a quick glance before looking away again.

"Talk to me," I whisper and reach up to caress the light stubble on his cheek.

"I almost lost you." He whispers in pain and clenches his eyes shut. "We almost lost Tiny." His voice cracks as his eyes fall to my stomach.

"But we're still here, Theo. That's all that matters," I grab his large hand and place it on my belly. "This will all be over soon," I smile gently and he slowly nods his head.

"It's happening tomorrow." My heart clenches and I bite my lip. "I'm going to kill him tomorrow."

"And you'll come back to me," I tell him and he nods his head in reassurance.

"Always." He smiles and pulls his hand away from my belly. "How is your wound?" His smile drops as he asks me the question.

"Sore," I whisper.

"I'm sorry." He mumbles and I frown.

"Theo, stop apologising please, baby," I sigh and he nods. "Let's talk about our future," I beam and I watch his eyes brighten a little.

"F-Future." He stutters and looks at me as if he can't believe what I've just said.

"What will we name our little baby?" I ask and he smiles brightly and lays down so his head is laying next to my stomach.

He looks up at me with a smile, revealing the dimples that I love. "Tiny."

I playfully roll my eyes and look down at him with a bright smile. I decide to run my fingers through his curls as he continues to look at my belly.

"I don't think we can call her Tiny," I laugh and he frowns.

"Why not?" He pouts his lips and wraps his arm around my thighs.

"She'd get bullied in school, Theo." I reason with him and all of a sudden he sits up alarmed.

"No-one will hurt her! I won't let them." He growls out and I giggle at how overprotective he already is of our little princess.

"I know you won't Theo, but we need to give her a normal name. Tiny can be her nickname, like how you call me Small." His pout remains but he nods his head and makes his way to sit up next to me. "I'm five months now, only four more to go."

"We'll be a family." He says and grabs hold of my hand, intertwining our fingers together.

"Mmm," I rest my head on his shoulder.

"Small?"

"Giant."

"What will we tell Tiny when she asks how we met?" I giggle at his question and look at him but that quickly stops when I see that he is actually serious about the question.

He bites his bottom lip and looks at me in worry.

"We'll tell her we bumped into each other," I shrug and he sighs.

"I don't want her to think I'm a bad person." He mumbles and I nuzzle my head into his neck.

"She's not going to think you're a bad person, Theo. You'll be her role model, she'll look up to you. She will love you unconditionally, like I do," I kiss his neck and I feel him relax. "Do you think she'll have red eyes?"