28

"Are you seriously leaving?!" Minnie asked in complete shock as my entire friend group crowded around me at the back of the classroom

"Are you seriously leaving?!" Minnie asked in complete shock as my entire friend group crowded around me at the back of the classroom. I sent them a weak smile.

"Yeah. I'm gonna go live with my dad for a while. But don't worry, I'm gonna come back!"

"But it's gonna feel so empty without you..." Dahyun whined with pouty lips and I threw my arm over her shoulder.

"Don't worry, you'll be fine." I ensured and then looked towards all of them again. "I'll keep in contact while in Busan."

"You better!" Lisa growled out which made the entire group giggle. Then our conversation was interrupted as our home room teacher walked into the room with a dull look. I hurried over to my seat and stood by it as the entire class bowed in unison.

"I don't have good news today." She didn't even greet us and immediately got to the point. I felt the atmosphere in the room shift, becoming more on edge. "For one, today will be Haeun's last day. Bid your goodbyes as she is leaving to Busan." Her gaze was cold and I immediately felt all eyes on me.

But I knew she didn't even get to the worse news and the teacher sighed shakily as she looked at something far in the distance. Finally she looked back towards the class.

"Your classmate, Nam Seonggi, has been arrested."

The room fell into complete, shocked silence at the unexpected news. The boy had been someone that the entire class was quite comfortable and was always ready to help. His grades also weren't bad too.

Soon enough the confused speaking started as everyone talked to their neighbours, trying to figure out what had gone wrong.

"Miss, what did he get charged for?" Someone asked and the entire room went quite again, all looking towards the home room teacher expectantly.

"Although he hasn't been trialled yet, he was detained for intense stalking and attempted murder." She seemed emotionless but I knew how she must've felt like right now.

Like she was a disgrace of a teacher.

Whispers erupted yet again as everyone was still in complete shock. I bit my lip while trying to get the images of discovering it was him when he got beat up.

"Yah, who do you think he stalked?" Lisa poked me on the arm and I turned to her, silently.

I contemplated on telling her, but decided against it and put on an act. I sighed in 'shock' and then looked up at her.

"I don't know. But whoever they are, I feel quite bad for them."

"I know right? I hope she or he is alright." The girl seemed saddened as she turned back towards the door.

Suddenly there was a loud static noise which caused me to put my hands over my ears at the volume. I looked around the classroom and then my eyes fell onto the TV.

The video was taken in a dark room, but a face was still visible. From the ones I could see, Seonggi's clothes were black. His hair fell over his face effortlessly and his glare towards the camera was more unnerving than usual.

"You know who you are." He suddenly began with a deep and raspy voice. The teacher immediately got alerted and stood up, grabbing the remote but to no avail. Even I knew that no matter what she wouldn't be able to interrupt the video.

The class also fell into even deeper confusion as students began calling out questions.

"I filmed this incase you somehow managed to get away or outsmarted me somehow. Although, I really did not think that it will lead to this." There was a slight smirk apparent on his face.

"You must be proud of yourself. For catching me. But why did you never even try to think from my perspective? I was offering you my love and affection, but you threw me away like trash." His voice seemed to get harsher as he continued speaking. "You meant the world to me but I never mattered to you. But I knew I would have to make you mine by any means possible."

There was a silence in the classroom as we all stared at the screen in shock, even the teacher.

"I'm not sorry. If anything happened to you, if you're dead, I'm not sorry. If I'm in jail now then this was you're own fault for taking me here. But don't you worry, if you're still alive, I will get out of here and take my revenge." He slowly leaned in towards the camera. "Did you understand that, Lee-"

And then the screen went black.

Immediately confused speaking erupted.

"Lee? Lee who?" Lisa began nudging me. "Your surname is Lee. Are you leaving because Seonggi stalked you?!"

"No, of course not!" It didn't take me long to get out of my daze as I turned to her. "I'm so shocked."

"I know right." The girl sighed and leaned back in her chair. "Whoever it was must be terrified right now."

"Yeah..." I trailed off and also leaned back in my chair, staring off at the blackboard in front of me.

*************time skip***************

"What are you doing?!" I called out as he dragged my wrist down the empty hallway. He had surprised me while I was walking towards the cafeteria and began taking me somewhere.

The boy then pushed me into one of the abandoned classrooms and shut the door behind him. I immediately began coughing at the amount of dust just a couple of steps managed to raise.

"What do you want?" I asked after my fit and Jisung didn't say anything as he walked dangerously close to me. I gulped as I stepped backwards, hitting the stacked tables at the far end.

"That guy yesterday, it was Seonggi, right?" His tone was low and cold and he took me slightly by surprise. But I immediately looked him up and down confused.

"What are you talking about-"

"Stop fucking lying to me, Haeun!" He interrupted me with a yell and kicked a chair standing nearby. "I honestly don't know if I ever knew you." His voice fell in volume, but it was just as impactful.

I bit my lip and looked away.

"Not that I did either..." I slightly whispered to myself and his head snapped in my direction.

"What?"

"We both have things we don't know about each other, alright?" I suddenly bursted as I glared into him. "Let's keep it that way. I'm apologetic about what happened and I'm dying to tell you about myself. But let's not. It's better for both of us."

The boy stood there, confused as I breathed out the air I was unknowingly holding.

"But why?"

"I'm leaving to Busan tomorrow."