Sixty

'Gringotts'

"Madam Lestrange

"Madam Lestrange."

"Good morning." Hermione greeted the wizard, her voice high and completely unlike Bellatrix's angry tone.

Griphook looked at her incredulously, "Good morning? Good morning? You're Bellatrix Lestrange, not some dewy-eyed school girl!"

"Hey, easy." Ron glared.

"If she gives us away, we might as well use that sword to slit our own throats. Understand?"

"No, he's right." Hermione nodded, "I was being stupid."

Harry bent down to lift Griphook onto his back, before joining Lori under the Invisibility Cloak, "All right. Let's do it."

Marble chinked underfoot as they clambered the steps into Gringotts, Hermione sharing a nervous look with a bearded Ron as they entered the bank, nearly tripping in her heels.

She tried to straighten and strut confidently, while Lori whispered tips to her from under the cloak, careful to make sure the goblins working around them didn't hear.

Approaching the desk at the end, Hermione cleared her throat, "I wish to enter my vault."

The goblin didn't look up from writing, "Identification?"

"I hardly think that'll be necessary."

"Madam Lestrange," he looked up, before pottering out of sight for a few moments.

"I don't like to be kept waiting!"

Griphook shared a glance with Lori, whispering urgently, "They know. They know she's an imposter. They've been warned."

"Ron," Lori muttered to her brother, "there's a guard coming towards you, by the door."

He gulped as he replied, "What do we do?"

The goblin returned with another, both climbing to peer over the desk, "Madam Lestrange, would you mind presenting your wand?"

"And why should I do that?" Hermione tried her best to sound authoritative.

"It's the bank's policy. I'm sure you understand, given the current climate?"

Harry started to tiptoe forward, Lori glued to his side as they slipped around the desk.

"No, I most certainly do not understand."

"I'm afraid I must insist."

Harry raised his wand under the cloak, "Imperio."

The goblin teetered for the briefest of moments, before smiling widely at Hermione and Ron, "Very well, Madam Lestrange. If you will follow me."

*