30

Half a year later

Half a year later

*Jisung POV*

I sighed, letting my head lay on the wall behind me as we waited inside the hallway.

It has been half a year. Since everything happened. And the worst thing is, that things have seemed to come back to normal.

And I hated it. I couldn't stand the thought of living a life without her in it.

But it was happening right now at this moment. And I despised every day with all my heart. Because I missed her so much.

I tried to calm myself down. To move on. Maybe I could've if she hadn't kissed me that day and gotten me hooked on her even more. I can't even forget about her, that's how much of a sucker I am.

It also seemed to have affected my friends a lot. They often try to cheer me up, but there is barely anything that does. I can't ever focus, I lost interest in many things and I even eat less. I know that I am hurting them as well, but I'm too selfish to care about anyone else outside myself.

That's exaclty why I pushed so hard in training during these months. I couldn't leave the training grounds which led me to successfully passing all of the given criteria, although I competed again 100 other hopefuls. 

Now just 21 remained along with me.

Along those 21, 6 of them were my friends. That means we all managed to pass which was already a great accomplishment.

But of course today was the day we met someone really important that would establish a true value upon all of us.

That's why when Taeyong asked us to line up, we did. There were 3 neat lines in the wide hallway as we were all in front of the giant doors at the end of it. I stood behind Mark and in front of Chenle.

"Alright, listen up!" Taeyong, our current leader, yelled out, gathering the attention of the entire room. "This is a very important day for all of you. Please don't do anything to get yourself killed. Especially don't be too shocked at who is waiting for you in that room."  He warned us all which sent me into slight confusion. Why would that someone be shocking?

Actually, pretty much no one knows who our leader is. The only information we have is that up until now they were in training at the headquarters in Busan. Snooping around and getting Taeyong to spill, the elder members managed to figure out that whoever this mysterious person is, they weren't a joke. They outshined any man or woman employed under the gang, scoring perfectly in all attack types. Also, we knew that they were fairly young, maybe even younger than Taeyong. But that's just a rumor.

I took a deep breath as the leader and I made eye contact. His eyes seemed to linger on me for longer than the others, but he continued along, scanning the numerous heads.

"Alright, let's go!" 

The doors were opened and we all walked into the huge room in silence. The walls were a dark shade of gray and were not decorated at all, excluding the columns alligning them. We were down on the giant, empty side as there was not even any furniture in this room. The only difference in my monotone surroundings was the platform at the end.

On top of it, there was a big desk made out of dark wood and behind it I caught sight of a chair. I soon realized it was turned around dramatically, the back facing us. I couldn't catch a glimpse of whoever was sitting on it, but I honestly wasn't too interested as I calmly continued walking before Mark in front of me halted.

We all stood in our lines, now facing the small podium with the desk. It was fairly silent, only a slight scraping sound could be heard echoing throughout the room. I felt a small shiver down my spine, realizing that the sound was actually 2 knives being dragged across each other.

"Hello everyone." The loud and clear, female voice cut through the long silence and I was taken aback by the familiarity of it. I couldn't immediately put my finger on it, but I didn't even need to as the chair spun around revealing a small figure sitting on it. Her hands smoothly held onto the table and her legs were crossed under it.

I fell into shock at who it was. I could recognize that person anywhere. And although I should've been happy to finally see her, the only emotion that overtook me was dread.

Without knowing it, I nervously began praying to any god that's up there. It definitely had to be a dobbleganger, or someone that just resembled her. Hell, I even hoped that it was her twin sister.

But all of my hopes were shattered as the girl introduced herself with a smirk.

"My name is Lee Haeun, and I'm the leader of NCT."