Chapter 5

Chapter 5

-Sam-

"C'mere Bently." I whispered to the large lab. He trotted over to me, nuzzling his snout into my stomach. "Help me catch the bad man. Be mean to him, okay?" His ears perked up and he looked up at me then licked my face. "Thanks for always being here for me, bud." 

His head tilted to the side, making me giggle. His tail started to wag vigorously, only meaning he was getting a kick out of me laughing. He pounced on me, licking me all over, making me laugh hysterically. 

"Bently!" I laughed and tried to shield my face. "Bently, ew! Get off of me!" I pushed him off of me and he landed on the floor with a loud thud. 

"Sam.." Harry whispered, standing in the doorway with my journal in his hand. I got up off the couch and to the distressed boy. 

"I was a mess, I know." I sighed. 

"Reading about it, it's so real. Y-you wrote about trying to kill yourself... just everything. I...I'm so sorry. This is all my fault!" he said exasperated. 

"No, it's a lot of things, Harry. Taylor and Fatai were a big part in it. The first time I tried to kill myself was because of those two, not because of you."

"But that's not the point! You tried to kill yourself, that's the point!" he yelled. "Did you try to while we were separated?" he asked, suddenly getting quiet. 

I froze. Should I tell him? He's Harry, of course I have to tell him. 

I looked away and bit my lip, trying to keep the tears from falling. 

"Sam? Did you?" he questioned. I tilted my head back, hoping to prevent the tears. 

"Yes." I answered softly. 

"Baby girl..." Harry trailed and pulled me into a hug. The tears that I was struggling to hold in, finally released and were now running down my face. "How?" 

"Deep cutting." I replied quietly. "That's why I got the tattoo. I won't dare ruin it by trying to cut and bleed to death." 

His arms tightened around me. 

"Okay, enough with the sappy stuff." I laughed through my tears. Wiping them I mumbled, "How about we announce we're together again?" 

"I'd love to. Let me get my laptop from my suitcase. Which is still here, might I add!" he huffed and strolled away. 

"You might as well move in then, because you're not leaving me to sleep alone!" I called after him with a giggle.