vii. a peculiar bunch

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑺𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑵
❝ 𝒂 𝒑𝒆𝒄𝒖𝒍𝒊𝒂𝒓 𝒃𝒖𝒏𝒄𝒉 ❞

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

THE FIRST TIME VERA MET A Hobbit, she humiliatingly fainted

THE FIRST TIME VERA MET A Hobbit, she humiliatingly fainted. Vera, despite her fall in that balcony of Rivendell, could vividly remember the scene, and cringes at the unforgettable memory of her head hitting the table and Arwen's worried eyes peering at her.

The duo were immersed in conversation; Arwen found it quite interesting to know that a mermaid princess was in her home, and the elleth took pride in the fact that she managed to befriend one, too. Arwen, admittedly, never had many friends as an elfling. Arwen admitted this to Vera, who agreed entirely with her. After that, a bond began to form.

Vera, uninformed of Arwen's plan, let her. Once the two made it to the patio, in which a table and a few chairs stood under a tall, olive tree, Vera took a moment to observe her surroundings.

However, her mesmerized moment was cut short once her eyes fell onto the three Hobbits sitting around the table and watching Vera with interest. The princess had smiled, quite wistfully, at the three — presuming them to be children — but let out a long, startled scream once her hazel eyes landed on their appearance. Suddenly, the realization set in.

Surprised by her yelp, the three Hobbits screamed as well, looking at each other in horror and confusion. Why was this random woman screaming?

Because of that catastrophe of this situation, Arwen couldn't help but scream too. Soon, the sight of two women and three Hobbits shouting at each other with no context beheld until Vera collapsed, ending the screaming session immediately. Arwen attempted to catch her but the movement went in vain.

Out of breath, she looked up at the three Hobbits in confusion. However, the three Hobbits seemed unaware of the reason as well, glancing at each other and their surroundings curiously.

When Arwen laid Vera on the table, the four of them gathered around her in an attempt to come up with a reason for the unexpected start of a screaming session.

"Perhaps she is ill?" Sam had suggested, taking a look at the beautiful princess before him.

"Not that I know of," Arwen mumbles in confusion.

"Is she scared of us?!" Pippin had asked, pride in his grin. Merry shared the same excitedment but stopped after seeing Arwen's head of disapproval.