Chapter 33 - Return To Prescott

You opened your eyes and you see that you're still at the junkyard. Your vision is blurry and you see a walker crawling towards you, but Clementine shoots it. She then crouches next you.

Clementine: Are you okay?

Y/N: Yeah... Yeah, I think I'll be fine.

She offers you a hand and you take it. As soon as your up, she slaps you then gives you a quick hug.

Clementine: Don't do anything stupid like that again, please.

Y/N: Can't make any promises. But I'll try, for you.

She smiles at you and you both walk over to Javi, who was burying Mariana.

Javi: She... She deserved so much more life.

He fills up the last of the hole. You put a hand on his shoulder.

Y/N: Hey... She's in a better place. She doesn't have to deal with the monsters in this world anymore.

Clementine: And thank you for staying. You probably saved my and Y/N's life.

Javi: I guess... but I wasn't able to save her's...

Y/N: Hey. You did all you could--

You were cut off by groans of a walker. You three pulled out your guns and went to investigate. You found the walker, posted up on a tire. Javi shot it.

Javi: What the hell?

Y/N: What?

You and Clem walked over to see what he was looking at. It was a symbol you hoped you never see again. The New Frontier brand.

Y/N: Fuck...

Clementine: Oh no...

Javi: What is it?

Clementine and you started pacing around.

Y/N: Fuck, fuck, fuck...

Javi: Guys! What's the deal?!

You and her stopped pacing and faced him.

Y/N: We know who these guys are...

Javi: Who are they? I have to know, please...

Clementine: They call themselves 'The New Frontier'. The used to be decent people, but...

Y/N: The brand they have... It's like an initiation thing.

Javi: How do you guys know all this?

You and Clem looked at each other worried for a second.

Y/N: We were... stuck in one of their camps for a while, it wasn't pretty.

Javi: What do you mean stuck? Were you a prisoner?

Y/N: Uh, we--

Clementine: Got out. That's all that matters.

You look over and see that they left a car.

Y/N: They left one of their cars behind. That's something.

Javi: Yeah. That's the only thing you two care about.

You sigh.

Y/N: We can take you to Prescott. Make sure your family's okay.

Clementine: But then we're gonna hit the road.

Javi: You guys should stay with us.

You thought about it for a second.

Y/N: Let's just focus on getting to Prescott.

He nods as you, Clem and him hop in the car. She starts it up and drives towards Prescott.

-----------------

You arrive at the gate and Javi hops out the car and runs towards it. You and Clem stay in the car.

Y/N: You're thinking about staying too, huh?

Clementine: Yeah. I mean there's nothing else for us to do. But I know this'll end bad... just like Wellington.

Y/N: I know... New Frontier are around here.

Clementine: Yeah... I want to stay... But I really like being alone with you...

You see Javi walk up to Gabe, who beating in a walker. You kiss her cheek.

Y/N: Aw. I like being alone with you, too. I think we should leave, we do have a car, and those are really rare to come by.

Clementine: Yeah. You're right, Javi seems like a good guy. Hope he'll be okay.

You then see him and Gabe run back to the gate.

Y/N: The hell?

You looked behind you and see cars and trucks coming towards you.

Y/N: Clem. We gotta get outside!

Clementine: What? Why?

She looks behind her.

Clementine: Oh, shit!

You both got out the car and ran inside. You see Tripp, Javi and Conrad on top of the gate and joined them, but kept yourselves hidden.

???: Knock knock! Anyone home?

Tripp: Shit, he was one of the men at the junkyard. Those are the freaks who brand themselves.

???: I wish we hadn't had to come all the way out here, but unfortunately, Badger here says you attacked his men. He says you fired on 'em.

Javi: They shot first! They killed my niece! Shot a woman in cold blood!

Badger: How many of my friends died because of you, huh?

???: Sounds like a bunch of he-said, she-said shit to me.

Tripp: Well, what the fuck do you want? An apology?

Badger: What I really want, is for my dead buddies to be alive. But I don't think that's too likely, is it?

???: He needs to come with us. Answer to justice, accept his punishment.

Y/N: Don't do it, Javi. They'll execute you. I witnessed it when I was in their camp.

He looks at you for second then back at them.

Javi: Go fuck yourselves. You're not getting shit from us.

Badger: The gate ain't bulletproof. Don't make me prove it.

???: Fact of the matter is, you stole from us. Come down here and accept your punishment! 

Badger: I think they need a little incentive.

Things are quiet for a second. 

Conrad: Francine! You hurt her, I'll kill you!

???: Whoa... you didn't tell me you had a hostage!

Conrad: It'll be okay, baby!

Francine: I'm alright! Just give them what they want!

Conrad: Javi, just go down there, they'll kill Francine!

Tripp: No one is giving into them.

Clementine: We should start shooting.

Y/N: Yeah. They'll kill her anyway. Me and Clem know they will.

Javi shoots and kills one of them. You hear them shoot something.

Conrad: Francine!

You, Clem, Javi, Tripp, and Conrad began shooting at them. Soon, one of them rams the gate and you all fall off. Luckily, you didn't hurt yourself when you landed and you caught Clementine before she could hurt herself.

Clementine: Thanks.

Tears gas started coming and you and Clem couldn't find no one else until you hear honking. You followed it and you found Tripp's van. You both quickly hoped inside and Tripp drove off, leaving Prescott as it get's destroyed.