Back

Aldertree had allowed Magnus to come to the Institute once he knew that only the warlock could save Katherine.

And that was how Alec was sitting on a stool besides the bed Katherine was on, his hand gripped her's tightly. Jace stood on her other side while Clary and Izzy stood on either side of Magnus who was using his magic to heal the wound on Katherine's abdomen.

Alec's face was wet with dried tears but his heart was filled with hope as he saw the wound healing.He looked at Katherine's face, when he had first met her, 10 years ago, he'd thought she was a goddess even though she was covered in blood and was wet from her head to toe.

He hadn't understood why his heart always beat loudly whenever Katherine was near him, or way he felt something different for her.

Because Alec loved her, he loved everything about her and it was because he loved her that Alec knew that if he would ever lose Katherine, he would lose himself too.

Izzy gasped and Alec snapped out of his thoughts to see Katherine's hair color becoming lighter and lighter ''What's happening?'' he looked at Magnus who was know tying with Clary's help, a bandage around Katherine's waist and Alec despite the situation blushed a bit.

''Magic comes with a price.The magic that I used to heal Kate's wound has taken the magic in the glamour away.Katherine will now have her real eye and hair color.''

As if Magnus's words were a trigger, Katherine's hair stopped changing it's color and stayed blonde. And Alec knew her eyes would be a bright color of blue. None of it mattered to him, he loved Katherine, everything about her and the natural color of her hair and eyes in his eyes suited her, but she was the same girl he was in love with, that Alec would always be in love with.

Alec tucked a piece of blond hair behind Katherine's ear and smiled softly. ''She looks beautiful.'' Izzy chuckled and he looked up at his sister ''She always was.''

Jace smiled at him before his eyes went to Katherine's sleeping form ''I am just glad we didn't lose her.'' he looked at Alec and remembered the broken and lost look he had seen in his eyes went he'd thought that Katherine was dead.

It was a look that he could never forget, such pain and sadness had filled Alec even if it was for moments.

Magnus finished the last bit of magic and looked around the people that were in the room, his eyes bright with happiness. Jace gasped and Alec felt Katherine's hand tighten around his hand, his head shot towards the girl, he caressed her cheek as a smile formed on his lips   ''She's waking up.''

A gasp left Katherine's lips as she opened her eyes which landed on Alec.His eyes were filled with tears of happiness and she wiped them away as they fell '' The Sleeping beauty awakens.'' her eyes landed on Jace who smiled at her before Katherine looked at Clary, Magnus and Izzy who were all smiling at her.

''Wha-what happened?'' she tried to sit up, Alec seeing what she was doing helped her up, his arms locked around her waist and he buried his face in Katherine's hair, inhaling in her scent ''We saved you.You didn't really think we'd let you go?''

Katherine chuckled and Alec pulled his face out of her neck before touching their foreheads together ''Never do that again.'' he nuzzled her cheek with his nose.

She nodded and pulled him closer, Alec pressed his lips against her's, Katherine sighed as his hands gently touched the banged area, careful of not putting much pressure there.The kiss was full of promises, that they would never leave each other, that they would continue to love each other as long as their heart beat.

Katherine pulled away but kept her forehead connected to Alec's, who played with a blonde strand of her hair and she looked at it ''I see the glamour faded off.'' she wasn't really surprised or shocked, somehow she knew that it had happened.