𝟒

𝘾𝙃𝙄𝘾𝘼𝙂𝙊, 𝙄𝙇

Amari Christopher Michaels

His doorbell rang, he stood up from the couch. He wore a white t-shirt and black jeans with white air forces, with of course his small gold chain. He opened the door, coming face to face with Nana, who was carrying a suitcase, and Amore with a backpack and a purple suitcase.

"Hey Nadia. You finally here" He smirked as he let them in. Amore had a straight face the whole time, because really she was mad.

They sat down on the couch, as Amari sat across from them. "So where you headed to again?".

"New York. I thought I would need a break from Chicago, and maybe Amore could spend some time with you" Nadia smiles big.

"I could spend time playing outside-" Amore began, but Nadia popped her in the ear.

"Anyways, I'm going to get going, and Amore be good. Remember what I told you Mari!" Nadia said as she left, getting into her cab outside.

Amari exchanged looks with Amore. He sighed rubbing his hands together. "Look, I'm not gonna force you to have a relationship with me. But, I'm gonna try to have some patience with you".

Amore was not phased by anything that he said. "What do you know about patience? My mom definitely had it, but you don't".

"How about I show your room, come on" He got up heading into the hallway, as Amore followed. He carried her things into a room that was small, but had enough space. The extra room had a king size bed like his, with a dresser.

Amore places her things down on the floor. She looked around the room, as she sat on the bed. "You don't keep any pictures around?".

"Um, yeah" He quickly went to his room, grabbing a photo album he had on his dresser. He handed it to Amore.

"You probably think that I don't keep pictures of you and your mom, but there's some in there" He said as he sat on the bed with her.

Amore flipped through the pages seeing photos of Simone and Amari together to a one-month old baby Amore.

"She looked happy here" She said pointing to a picture of Simone smiling with a pregnancy test in her hand.

"She was, we found out we was having you" Amari chuckled. "That happiness never lasted though".

She looked up at him. "Why not?".

"Just a few days before you were born, I did something terrible, and now I really wish I didn't do it. She just left and went to live with your granny" He looked down at his foot.

"...You was with another girl?" She asked him.

"Yeah" Amari sighed, rubbing his face down.

Amore really never knew if her parents were together or not. She just knew so far that her father wasn't in her life, as much as he should be. "Of course you were..where's Cujo?".

"He's in his cage". Amore hopped off the bed going into Amari's room to play with Cujo. She opened his cage, letting him out, as she began to play with him.