XVII|"Tank who?"

*not edited*

Melody

"I might be a little late today, cake delivery at 7," I let Cayden know, while making my tea.

"Cool," I hear him say before a waft of fresh aftershave fills my sense as I feel Cayden hovering behind me.

Taking a deep breath, I was about to slowly move away when he leans over me, my back against his chest as he puts 2 toast in the toaster.

"Hello, personal space is a thing you know," I move sideways, walking out of Cayden's space and towards the table, "Also, how did you get the shower gel?"

Pulling a chair out, I wait for his response, "the boys brought it over, they also gave some money, so let me know when you go shopping," definitely will

Cayden finishes making his breakfast and takes a seat in front of me, setting his toast and coffee down, I never realised the past few months, how oddly domestic this seems... oh dear.

"Oh by the way, is it alright if I invite the guys over on Monday, need to through a few plans?" He asks, lifting the mug up for a few sips.

I roll my eyes at him, "you'll do it anyway, what's the point of asking,"

He shrugs, "saves us from you going into factory rest mode and start speaking Spanish,"

I narrow my eyes at him and mockingly say, "Was that a reference,"

He shrugs, "could've been, I'm not telling you,"

Gaping at him, I shake my head, "Cayden, I've literally seen you go through all my movies," and 80% of them were cartoons, classic ones, "hell, you even watched Cinderella!"

He narrows his eyes at me, "I was catching up, you know when you're busy running around in leather jackets, you miss out on a lot of stuff especially the good movies," Awh poor guy...

I stare at him in amusement, "well, in that case, I am very sorry, you continue catching up on the last 20 or whatever years you've missed, there are amazing movies out there. Make sure you watch beauty and the beast, I'm sure you'll be able to relate,"

"Ha ha ha, you're so funny Melody," Cayden says with a flat tone, "that's even funnier than your lame jokes that only you seem to laugh at," Oh yeah!

Cayden groans in annoyance as he sees my smile, "no, please don't-"

"Knock knock!" I wait for him to respond, obviously not getting one, "come on Cayden! This ones funny," no it's not.

He sighs, "who's there," he really does give in really quickly

"Tank,"

He furrows his brows at me, "tank who?"

I stand up with my mug in hand, "you're welcome!" I laugh at my own joke and continue while walking to the sink, "finally a thank you after everything,"

Dumping the mug in the sink, I turn around to find Cayden trying to hide his smile, almost got him.

"Now, of I go to the real world while you rot here, goodbye my friend," holding my hand up to wave, I leave the kitchen and grab my things, ready to leave for work.