Chapter 15

It was deadly silent in the room while two figures sat in front of each other

It was deadly silent in the room while two figures sat in front of each other. One demanding answers and the other, who probably had the answers. Probably.

Ace took a deep breath and then looked straight into Riley's eyes.

"I'm a werewolf, Riles and not just any werewolf but an Alpha King."

Riley stared at him blankly, not even wavering once. When she saw that Ace wasn't kidding around she finally showed an emotion.

"So that night when those three bītches came by my house, they were not humans but fücking werewolves and they were searching for you." Riley stated the obvious.

"Yes baby. They weren't humans at all and certainly not the good kind. They wanted me dead to reach the throne. My name is King Nicholas Ascellius Jasper, hence the nickname Ace because you know, it's pretty long like my di— woops hahaha. That wasn't supposed to happen. Shít. But you get the point, don't ya?" Ace chuckled nervously while scratching his neck.

He glanced briefly at Riley for a while and found out that she had pretty pink stains dusting her cheeks.

How cute! She's blushing. Ace thought to himself, a quiet smirk playing on his lips.

"Anyway, so I'm the only child and my parents died a long time ago. Oh don't look at me like that! It's fine as it was long time ago & the cause of death was natural, assassination. But don't worry I've already bathed in blood of those motherfückers. Ah, the memories." Ace rolled it out casually, like he was discussing the weather. He even had the nerve to wipe an invisible tear from his goddamn eye.

Wow. He really is psycho. Riley thought to herself while staring at him wide eyed.

Ace, not aware about Riley's thoughts, was still being dramatic. As always.

"Okay, so the thing is that all werewolves need a companion who can stay by their side and overlook all their flaws. Who they can rely upon and place their trust in. Who will belong only and only to them and they who can love them like no other. We call such people mates.........well it is actually called soulmates but I thought it would be a little less cringy if I used this term instead." Ace said awkwardly with such hesitation that he never had before.

C'mon people, he's a goddamn King. People get nervous in his presence, not him. Never him. He never had a reason to be.

"Are you implying that I'm your mate? Yours? What does that even mean? I swear to God, the fate is playing a cruel game with me right now. Damn." Riley cursed.

"Hey what's that supposed to mean? What's wrong with me, huh? I'm rich, handsome...wait no......devilishly handsome....yeah that the correct word, don't you think? I got lickable abs....an eight pack to be more precise and I've got a jawline which is sharper than a knife. Aaaand also I've got a dark humour, that's pretty attractive, right? Girls dig that. You've no idea girls would kill to be in a position where you're in right now so consider yourself lucky, baby." Ace flaunted.

"Please, bītch. Grow the hell up." Riley rolled her eyes.

"Oh yeah and I'm 6'4. I'm what you can call.....hmmmmm......daddy long legs." Ace said with a smirk.

There was a two minute silence in each corner of the study when suddenly a flying shoe hit Ace directly across the face.

"What the hell!" He cursed out while holding his now red nose.

"You're so fücking full of yourself that you don't even realise that the whole world doesn't revolve around you. Literally, your head is so far up your ass that you don't even know that I don't fücking care about your oh so devilishly handsome face or your delicious looking abs or your sharp jawline or your fücking gigantic height because in the end it doesn't matter. Your appearance will fade away but not your soul, asshole. Reflect on that." Riley raged while storming out of the study, slamming the door shut on her way.

Ace was still in shock, holding Riley's shoe in his hand and then ran his fingers through his midnight hair.

He went back to his chair and sat down while leaning his whole body weight against it. He again looked at the shoe and traced an imaginary pattern.

Suddenly he let out a husky chuckle, still holding the small shoe and just kept on staring at it.

He had a strange mirth dancing in his eyes which only grew more and more whenever he is amused and Riley is far more amusing than anyone or anything he has ever come across.

"She's one feisty little thing. I would be damned to let her go. Ever." Ace thought out loud while giving out a big smirk and keeping the small shoe in his drawer like it's a precious treasure.

Well to him, it kinda was. Or more like someone was his precious treasure.

Author's note:
Hehehehhe my apologies for such a long wait. But here y'all go. Riley and Ace are back with extra goofiness and extra sassy. It will get more exciting in the coming chapters. InShAllah. Thanks a lot for being so patient & showing me such support.
Lots of love 💕