16: The Consequences of Fighting

Sorry for the late update ):

*

"What the fuck happened to you?" Royce did not hide the surprise from his voice.

Nathan was sitting on the floor with his legs criss-cross, his back leaning against the wall and hands neatly folded on his lap. His head was hanging low as if he just got defeated in a very important battle.

Nathan gazed at him lazily, an edge to his voice. "What does it look like?"

Royce was stunned by the horrible scene, his mind turning into a completely blank page and whatever snarky comment he was going to say, never made it past his lips. Nathan's fists were awfully bruised up, splits, and cut covering his skin as if he knocked the shit out of something repeatedly, blood dripping out and pooling on the floor. His right cheek had a bluish colour and Royce was sure someone had managed to pack a punch at Nathan's pretty face.

"You bastard." The distaste in his voice was crystal clear. Royce was so pissed. It didn't take him long to connect the dots. "Tell me you weren't involved in that annoying fight everyone's talking about."

Nathan paused, swiping his tongue on the inside of his cheek. "What if I was?"

"I'll beat you up myself." Royce grimaced as he knelt in front of him, seeing his cuts closely made his own head spin terribly. "But before that, I need to fix you. Jesus, you're in ruins."

Without any warning, he grabbed Nathan's bicep and helped him to get back on his feet, his movements heavy and rushed.

Nathan grumbled. "Hurts."

"Shut up, I'm trying to cooperate." Royce frowned, realising that he might've been a little too hard on the poor guy. He tends to freak out a lot when things aren't under his control and in desperate attempts to turn the wrongs into rights, he makes a big mess out of everything. Royce exhaled loudly, trying to keep his shit together and said in a constricted voice. "Here lean your body into mine – not all your weight dumbfuck – yeah and take slow steps."

Nathan obeyed like a good puppy, he didn't really have much of a choice anyway and together they walked uncomfortably to the nurse office.

"How long have you been sitting there for?" Royce might as well get started with the small talks.

He shrugged. "Since the fight? I dunno."

"Are you an idiot?" Royce glared, tightening his hold. "That's like inviting death with open arms. Why'd you that?"

"Actually it was the other way around." Nathan offered a tiny grin but there was no sign of happiness in his smile. "Was hoping to be saved by someone."